We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do around Halkidiki

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What to do around Halkidiki

Hi! I am going to Halkidiki for a wedding and I am planning to spend 10 days there, but not sure what todo. We are flying to Thessaloniki and then drive from there to Halikidiki. I would like to spend around 5 days in Halkidiki and do something else. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I was thinking about Athens but That will mean internal flights, will it be better to stay around Thessaloniki?

Thanks!!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do around Halkidiki

Hi Paula!

Of course it will be much better to stay and explore Halkidiki, and since you will have a car, you can go to many places.

The first one, Kassandra, is more crowded, and there might be even a lot of traffic in the summertime. You can go to a lot of places, like Potidea, Afitos, Kallithea, Hanioti, Pefkohori, Nea Skioni, Fourka, etc.

The second one is more scenery, and more peaceful. You can go to Vourvourou (my favourite), Sarti, Kalamitsi, Neos Marmaras, etc, or you can also try camping in Manassu (been there a hundred times), Platanitsi, Armenistis.

Since you want to do something else, i suggest the daily cruise from Ormos Panagias, to Mt Athos, the boats sail at 09.00-09.30, they head to the edge of Mt Athos and then come back 200m from the coast (no women allowed to step foot in the 'Holy land' :P...), then at around 13.30 there is a stop for 2h in Ouranoupolis, and then at 16.00 back to Ormos Panagias (there is music and dancing in the boat in the return trip).

Cheers!

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
812 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do around Halkidiki

I agree with the above said, as I personally love Halkidiki and specifically Sithonia. According to my view, Sithonia has to offer to its visitor a different sight of Greece. Lots of green scenery and amazing waters! To me, that is a perfect combination of relaxation. Furthermore, there are plenty of nice little villages to visit, and things to do around Sithonia, except from the touristy ones.

We are here and more than happy to help if there is any need for this.

Yiannis

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,688 posts
909 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do around Halkidiki

I agree with jmal27: Sithonia is magical. I suggest a combination of a circular route along the coastal road from Nikiti to Nikiti, with a stop in some nice beaches: Zographou on the east coast - which is reached by a branch from the main road - it's delicious, but there are also Kalamitsi, Porto Koufo, and moreover the beaches just south of Nikiti. A side street leading from the west coast climbs to the settlement of Parthenonas, a tiny village where you can dine outside: an unforgettable experience.

Wigton, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do around Halkidiki

Hi I'm thinking about booking a holiday to the Sani Beach hotel next year and wondered what sight seeing options are in that area?

Many thanks

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do around Halkidiki

Hi Sophie454,

there are some excursions offered by Sani Resort, but you can hire a car and travel to the rest of towns and beaches of Halkidiki.

6. Re: What to do around Halkidiki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Halkidiki Region