We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Ouranoupolis the best option for us ?

Bursa, Turkey
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Is Ouranoupolis the best option for us ?

I am planning to spend 12 days in Halkidikki region with my wife. We would like to stay at the same hotel for these 12 days so we intend to use it as a base. We will have a car so we are able to travel around. We do not like crowds and night life. We just want to lay down in nice beaches and to enjoy Greek cousine. Under these circumstances, if you would be in my shoes, would you prefer Ouranoupolis ?

Thanks in advance for your replies...

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,093 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Ouranoupolis the best option for us ?

I have only been to Ouranoupolis once & that was in May a few years ago so it was not very busy, & my information may be outdated. I don't think it is generally a very busy tourist base although there are people travelling through each day to go on pilgrimage to the Mt Athos monasteries. This makes for interesting people watching & you can take excursion boats along the coast to see the monasteries from a distance. There are hotels & rooms to let & several tavernas. It has nice sandy beaches, is a fishing port & I think you can even hire a boat & go out to the little island offshore if you really want to get away from it all! With a car you can easily travel around of course - possible to even make an excursion to Thasos island via the ferry from Keramoti. And you could visit Thessaloniki or the countryside of Sithonia & Kassandra or venture further afield into northern Greece to places like Edessa.

Hope this helps a little. It is a place I would consider staying for a few days if I wanted to be somewhere a bit different & away from it all. You can tell from the small number of threads here on TA about Ouranoupolis that it is either not well known or those that do are keeping it secret!

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Ouranoupolis the best option for us ?

Regarding your question about Ouranoupoli, please check the answer I gave you on your other post. There is some information in there too.

Regards,

Yiannis.

3. Re: Is Ouranoupolis the best option for us ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 07:18