We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting there from thessolinika or athens airport

Which Kallithea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
warrington
1 post
Save Topic
getting there from thessolinika or athens airport

Hi can anyone help me I can fly to either of the above airports would like to get to Halkidiki or surrounding areas can anyone advise me how me how to do this and what rthe approx cost would be.

Athens
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: getting there from thessolinika or athens airport

Chalkidiki is in Eastern Macedonia region, just very closed to Thessaloniki airport.

so, one part of your question is already answered.

Now, If you could be a little more specific about the exact village or resort in Chalkidiki, as well as the exact period of the year, then one of Thessaloniki experts could give you further info about this.

regards

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting there from thessolinika or athens airport

hi.

as already mentioned thessaloniki is the nearest airport to halkidiki.there the best way in my opinion is to rent a car and go to halkidiki by your own.it is pretty much easy.thje road conditions are very good.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting there from thessolinika or athens airport

Actually, Halkidiki is in central Macedonia region. Forget about Athens, the only way to do it is by landing at Thessaloniki airport. Depending on the specific resort you are heading to, it may take you anywhere between half an hour and two hours. As Telis said, your best option is to rent a car for the duration of your stay and drive there. In case you are not interested in dricing, you may get a taxi (the cost depends on the destination, I guess it will not be cheaper than 70 Euros even for the nearest resort) or a bus (there are tens of daily buses to all main Halkidiki resorts - you should first get to KTEL Halkidiki terminal by taxi from the airport and then get on the bus of your choice).

4. Re: getting there from thessolinika or athens airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Kallithea
Recent Conversations