We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalithea, Hanioti or elswhere ?

Bolton , England
Level Contributor
305 posts
259 reviews
Save Topic
Kalithea, Hanioti or elswhere ?

We are looking to book our fortnight's summer holidays in Greece and always book somewhere different each year.

Is kalithea or Hanioti big enough for us? We are in our mid 40's but like plenty nightlife and a different restaurant every night. In the day we like to rotate beach, pool and a trip and although we are happy to jump on the local buses and boats or rent bicycles we don't want to rent a car.

Can anyone advise as we have run out of large Greek Islands. The last 3 years we have been to Skiathos (town), Sidari (Corfu) & Lassi (Kefalonia). We prefer traditional Greek and of the last 3 years perhaps skiathos best fitted the bill.

Any help gratefully accepted. Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalithea, Hanioti or elswhere ?

Hello, why don't you try both? they are very close, actually my advice for you is to stay in the first peninsula in either Hanioti or Kallithea, and to travel also in the second one, in Neos Marmaras, perhaps you can even stay there for a couple of nights, it is very nice place.

Bolton , England
Level Contributor
305 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalithea, Hanioti or elswhere ?

Many thanks - how far apart are they. Is there a bus service between the two or is a taxi practical.

Cheers

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalithea, Hanioti or elswhere ?

Kallithea is about 15 min away from Hanioti, there are several buses during the day, also a taxi would be fine, but I would advice you to hire a car to travel in the second Peninsula to explore the beautiful landscapes, I am not sure if there is a boat connection, though! :)

The bus connection is not so good idea in my opinion, as you will have to go back to Nea Moudania and change bus to go to Neos Marmaras or in any other place in the second Peninsula (Sithonia).

Bolton , England
Level Contributor
305 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalithea, Hanioti or elswhere ?

thanks again that's great

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,968 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalithea, Hanioti or elswhere ?

Im off to Afistos in Halkadiki in september looks traditional fingers crossed

Bolton , England
Level Contributor
305 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kalithea, Hanioti or elswhere ?

Cheers Cherub77 i will check it out.

Nocera Superiore...
Level Contributor
3 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kalithea, Hanioti or elswhere ?

Hi is there a boat connection neos marmaras to kallithea?

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
175 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kalithea, Hanioti or elswhere ?

You can stay anywhere in Cassandra. The price everywhere is the same. From 30 to 70 euros per night for two persons.

I go to Kallithea or Hanioti. Depending on where I'll find free rooms.

You must have a vehicle. Rent a car. All are small places and all are near one from another.

The most beautiful beaches are in Kalithea and Afitos. If you are located in Hanioti, "Molos on the beach", then it has other beautiful beaches.

Hanioti, Pefkohori, Kalithea and Afitos I recommend you these places for walking at night.

There are many restaurants, bars....

Reply to: Kalithea, Hanioti or elswhere ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kallithea
Recent Conversations