We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secret Paradise, Kassandra

Surrey
Level Contributor
211 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Secret Paradise, Kassandra

Hello never been to Halkidiki before, any advice on the area? i.e. are there tavernas, shops within walking distance. How much for taxi from Airport? Thanks

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Secret Paradise, Kassandra

I would say it is rather expensive to go by taxi, but it is more comfortable.

It is located in the village called Nea Kallikratia, which has enough restaurants, tavernas, bars and pubs, all in walking distance!

Surrey
Level Contributor
211 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secret Paradise, Kassandra

Thank you! I hate coaches hence asking about Taxi's, but there will be 4 of us, so per head doesn't seem too bad! It sounds beautiful there and I am looking at end of October.

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
803 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secret Paradise, Kassandra

It does sound beautiful there but by the end of October, it probably won't be that beutiful! Most of the places will have closed down and the weather could be from pretty warm (up to 20-22 degrees), to pretty chilly 8-10 degrees!! So, maybe a bit earlier would be better for you I think .

When we are talking about the end of October for Greece, the areas with pretty higher possibilities of good weather are the southern islands and maybe the southern Peloponnese. However, if those places cannot guarantee beautiful weather at the end of October. You could get nice weather in Halkidiki too, however chances are fewer.

Surrey
Level Contributor
211 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secret Paradise, Kassandra

Thank you that, very interesting. However we can only go at the end of October, due to daughter's college and our work commitments. Can you be a little more specific about where some of the better weather might be? ie which islands? Thanks

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Secret Paradise, Kassandra

Crete , Rhodes , Kos to name a few..Again,good weather cannot be guaranteed but at least the odds are better.You may even consider Cyprus.

Grigoris

Surrey
Level Contributor
211 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secret Paradise, Kassandra

Thank you, we have just returned from Kefalonia and I am homesick - need to go back to Greece!! I think we may look at Crete or Rhodes. I wanted to go to Spinalonga, so could look there i.e. Elounda!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Secret Paradise, Kassandra

Nice.. Crete may be your best bet..Have fun!

Grigoris

8. Re: Secret Paradise, Kassandra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Kassandra
Recent Conversations