We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Telis please help

toronto
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Telis please help

You've helped in the past hope you can help again. I am looking to book Despotiko Hotel in Sithonia Halkidiki this summer in August. Do you know this hotel or have you heard any information about it so that you can pass it on to us.

Thank you.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Telis please help

Despotiko hotel is located at Tristinika area in Sithonia peninsula. I haven't stayed there, so I cannot comment on its amenities, but Tristinika beach is one of the best beaches in Halkidiki (hence, one of the best beaches in Greece). Thick sand and crystal clear water make this beach ideal for relaxed vacation. There are a couple of problems though:

- Tristinika is not a resort, so there are a few and scattered tavernas, bars etc. (Ethnik bar at its northernmost edge is by far the best). You will need a car to visit nearby villages such as Toroni, Porto Koufo or Neos Marmaras.

- Mosquitoes! Be prepared for battle, as the magnificent beach is part of an extended ecosystem, which also contains a lagoon and marshes, ideal breeding grounds for mosquitoes. Repellents are a must.

Serbia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Telis please help

after reading reviews I am glad not to go there... think again!

good luck

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Telis please help

hi.

unfortunatelly i have never heard of this place, but i can tell you that in general sithonia is much more beautiful area than kassandra,

4. Re: Telis please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2009, 07:23
Get answers to your questions about Sithonia