We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a quiet beach in Sithonia

1 post
Save Topic
a quiet beach in Sithonia

We're travelling to Sithonia this September. Can anyone recommend a quiet place with nice beaches and not too many people? We're also trying to find a place with small coves and bays, rather than long sandy beaches. Any recommendations?

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: a quiet beach in Sithonia

I don't think it will be difficult to find a quiet beach in Sithonia in September, especially if you visit after the first week the place will be near-dead.

Level Contributor
824 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a quiet beach in Sithonia

Sithonia is de-crowded after the first days of September. It does not get empty from people, everything will still be open (restaurants, bars, cafes, super markets etc) and the main beaches will have lots of people, but you shall be able to find lots of beaches with no human presence at all, almost all around the peninsula.

Now, if you are planning to rent a car, or if you're having a car with you.... the altenatives are hundreds. Driving around Sithonia, you'll be happy to "discover" the most beautiful beaches. For some of them, you might also need to walk 5-10 minutes, but from what you will be about to see after your walk... you'll be rewarded!

As far as accommodation is concerned, many of the little villages of Sithonia will be quieter during September. The main towns will still have visitors though.

What exactly do you have in mind regarding accomodation? A big resort, a traditional Guest House, just a room at a clean place ?

Let us know of details, and we'll be able to help more.

There are many choices for you regarding Sithonia.

Neos Marmaras, Nikiti and Sarti will be the busier ones. Vourvourou, Toroni, Porto Koufo will be less busy and still beautiful. Parthenonas Village is a traditional settlement, close to major town, but outside of the crowd.

Hope it helps, if you need more help...do not hesitate to ask.

Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a quiet beach in Sithonia

I don't write that often in TripAdvisor, I usually prefer to read the comments of visitors, but as I have found a subject that I can participate...well, here I am !!!!

As it has been already mentioned, by other members, Sithonia has tens of beaches all around the peninsula.

Starting from Nikiti with some quite and some other busy places ,all the way around Sithonia... to Neos Marmaras, Parthenonas. Toroni, Porto Koufo, Armenistis, Zografou, Akti Oneirou, Sarti, Sykia, Kavourotrypes, Vourvourou etc.

I have done this tour last year myself as well, and was based at Parthenonas and Neos Marmaras, which are two villages from the side of the peninsula that look towards the Kassandra peninsula.

Neos Marmaras is next to the sea, a lively , busy town and Parthenonas is 5km away from Neos Marmaras, up on the hill.

We stayed at Chorostasi Guest House at Parthenonas, and at Fantasia Rooms at Neos Marmaras. They were both very beautiful, but different from each other.

I have also stayed at Vourvourou during the summer, and I like this place a lot, but it tends to get pretty busy sometimes.

Hope this helps,

greco-sal .

4. Re: a quiet beach in Sithonia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Sithonia
Recent Conversations