We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thessaloniki Airport to Porto Carras Resort Sithonia

12 posts
Save Topic
Thessaloniki Airport to Porto Carras Resort Sithonia

Hi, we (2) are arriving in Thessaloniki airport on 17th June and staying at the Porto Carras Resort until 1st July. What is the best/most economical way to go from airport to resort? A round trip taxi is about £265; are there any coach transfer services between the 2? I could probably hire a car for the 2 weeks for about that money but not sure about driving in Greece. Any advice please>

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thessaloniki Airport to Porto Carras Resort Sithonia

Hey and welcome Traveller29London:-) No clue what that currency translates into Euros..the property is approx 120 kilometers from the airport..about 1.5-2 hour drive and although am sure the property can provide info on transfers if you contact/send them off an email..would also look into a rental considering you'll probably want to explore the fabulous area?! You should find no problems re driving..highway pretty much all the way..and FWIW, it's a well-known property around for eons..think you'll enjoy!

Level Contributor
821 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thessaloniki Airport to Porto Carras Resort Sithonia

Since you consider going there cheaper, you could take a bus from the airport, to the Halkidiki Bus station (around 1euro/person). From there, you take a bus to Neos Marmaras/Porto Carras, which will be around 13Euro/person. That would be the cheapest option to get there.

I would advise you though to rent a car while you're there, or even to get there, as it pretty straight-forward to drive there. It's the only road that takes you there from Thessaloniki. Half of it is a big highway with two lanes for each direction, and the other half has one lane per direction, but again it's a good road with no specific difficulties. It shoudn't take you more than two hours maximum to get there, keeping in mind that you'll drive there for the first time, and you normally won't drive very fast. It takes me 1hour 15-20mins to get there, but I've done this ride like a million times!

I believe you should be able to find pretty good prices on cars as well, as June is not yet the very high season of the summer.

Enjoy your holidays there, and a small piece of advice if you would like is : try and drive around Sithonia if you get a car. The beaches that you'll be easily able to discover will "blow your mind away". Amazing scenery all around Sithonia....

3. Re: Thessaloniki Airport to Porto Carras Resort Sithonia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Sithonia
Recent Conversations