We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Sithonia with two year child?

Belgrade, Serbia
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Sithonia with two year child?

I would be very grateful if somebody can advise me on where to stay in Sithonia. We are planing to go by car mid of August and to rent some economic studio very near to the beach. As this would be our first time we would like to find some nice not to crowded place but with good choice of bars and restaurants. It can be close to some bigger center. I would also appreciate if you can recommend some nice beaches, maybe with natural shade, as we will have car and can wonder around.

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
768 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Sithonia with two year child?

Hi there AlexaBG, and welcome to Trip Advisor.

As you are travelling to Sithonia with a young child, it'd be good for you to be at some place that will be comfortable enough, and offer a variety of options for food, beaches, even medical assistance.

Some of the bigger resorts of Sithonia, offer these options.

-Neos Marmaras is a large town (3,000population) with a variety of different beaches around offering free sunbeds and umbrellas. There's a big variety of restaurants, tavernas, pizza places, bars and cafes to choose from. It can be a little busy and noisy in August, but you can also look at Paradeisos, which is one of the beaches of Neos Marmaras, half a km away from the center, and offers lots of accommodation options. Moreover, Parthenonas village, is a place situated 5km away from Neos Marmaras and the sea, but it's a lot quiter compared to these two places and offers an amazing view. It's a traditional Greek settlement.

-Nikiti, is also a large town that offers lots of accomodation options, as well as a variety of beautiful beaches at the town and around it. Not as cosmopolitan as Neos Marmaras, but still it does offer options to choose from . Situated 20 km before Neos Marmaras on your way there from Thessaloniki.

-Sarti is also another large town with a lot of options. Situated on the other side of Sithonia, overlooking at Mt. Athos. Sarti can be a little "touristy", but again it does offers loooots of options regarding beaches, restaurants etc.

-Vourvourou, is a pretty smaller town, but does have lots of food places, bars and cafes. It's also "surrounded" by amazing beaches. It's 30-35km away from Neos Marmaras and around 8-10km away from Nikiti. Also situated from the side of Sithonia that overlooks Mt. Athos.

I hope these are enough for now. If you need any further info, please do not hesitate to ask. Either in here, or by sending me a message.

Best Regards,

Yannis.

Tirana, Albania
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Sithonia with two year child?

Hi Alexa

Me too ,I 'm going in Sithonia by my car and I have a 9 month baby boy .I have choose NIKITI bcs I founded more relax place that Neos Marmaras . For me it's first time too but from my research all SITHONIA its a nice place for family holidays. here you will find some studios and apartments in NIKITI.

halkidiki.com/nikiti/nikiti-accommodation_e.…

Belgrade, Serbia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Sithonia with two year child?

Thank you very much Yannis,

your answer has been very helpful. I think we will choose Nikiti and than wander around Sithonia by car and discover all those beautiful beaches. I am impressed by Vourvourou beach, what I have seen on the Internet, and it is great that it is close to Nikiti, but as I have seen distances are not too big to visit most of the places in Sithonia. As we are kind of tourist that can not lie on the beach, perfect for us!

Best regards,

Aleksandra

Belgrade, Serbia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Sithonia with two year child?

Hi,

I also to stay in Nikiti, for the same reasons. Thank you for the accomodation link.

Aleksandra

greece
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Sithonia with two year child?

You could try Viky Hotel in Sarti www.vikyhotel-chalkidiki.com

its next to the beach and the rates seem pretty good. There a re a couple of nice beaches nearby.

6. Re: Where to stay in Sithonia with two year child?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Sithonia
Recent Conversations