We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thessaloniki to Afytos buses

Bucharest
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Thessaloniki to Afytos buses

Can anyone please tell me where can I find in Thessaloniki the buses leaving for Afytos (Kassandra), and how can I get there from the railway station?

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thessaloniki to Afytos buses

hi.

try www.halkidiki.com/ktel. the easiest way is by taxi.

Bucharest
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thessaloniki to Afytos buses

Thanks, but I meant the location of the buses in Thessaloniki, the address of the station. I found on the internet two addresses, one in Khfisia, and one in Karakasi (Harilaou).

Thank you.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thessaloniki to Afytos buses

Both of them are wrong and outdated. The new Halkidiki bus terminal is located near the main Thessaloniki-Halkidiki road. It's a bit tricky to get there from the railway station, unless you use a taxi (which will be expensive, given that the train station and the Halkidiki bus terminal are located in the opposite sides of the city). You can get there also by bus, but you have to have at least 1 hour to spare:

- From the train station get on one of the eastbound buses (lines 2, 8, 10, 11, 14) that pass through Egnatia street.

- Get off at one of Egnatia St. stops (Kolomvou, Alkazar, Aristotelous square, Mitr. Gennadiou, Aghias Sophias, Iasonidou or Kamara) and get on a line 31 bus.

- Stay on bus 31 until the end of the line.

- Get on bus 36 until Halkidiki bus terminal.

The Halkidiki bus terminal is more commonly known as KTEL Halkidiki.

Enjoy your trip.

Bucharest
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thessaloniki to Afytos buses

Thank you very much for such detailed information. it will be very useful when I will arrive.

5. Re: Thessaloniki to Afytos buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 05:26