We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay in Thessaloniki

Which Thessaloniki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cebu
Level Contributor
58 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Places to stay in Thessaloniki

Hi all, I would like your advice on where to stay in Thessaloniki for a night.

Is the train station area a safe place?

If not, can anyone recommend a hotel/pension/B&B for about 50Euros for a double room in an area accessible by public transport, to get to and from the train station?

Thank you for your help.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay in Thessaloniki

The area around the train station is a bit dodgy, but you will not have any problems. It is safe, with a police department close by, and you will not have any problem. Just use common sense when walking after midnight.

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay in Thessaloniki

Hi there.

You can try hotels close to the train station, but a little bit further towards the center of the city. Egnatia street is suitable for that. There are hotels for all tastes at Egnatia street, varying in prices. Egnatia street leads you to the train station, it's a main street of Thessaloniki.

I know for sure that "Emporikon Hotel" offers double rooms around this price and it's an ok hotel. There are buses running from Egnatia Street all day long, but from this hotel, you can also walk to the most central spot of the city in 6-7 mins.

Hope it helps.

If by any chance you find some other hotel at Egnatia Street, you can ask me about it. I might know it and let you know how it is.

Regards,

Yannis.

Greece
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to stay in Thessaloniki

I wouldn't recommend to stay in railways station area, but there are many hotels near there across Egnatia Street. If you look for a room around 50€ per double you shoul look for 2* or 3* hotel. Check El Greco, Mandrino, Egnatia Hotel or Amanlia hotel.

4. Re: Places to stay in Thessaloniki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2010, 06:18