We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
436 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
transfer from Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport

Because too many people ask for a bus to go from Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki, to the city centre, to the Railway station or to the Macedonia-KTEL long distance bus terminal (whee all long distance buses originate - excluding Halkidiki), here is some information.

1.- to Halkidiki.

A.- By taxi. The cost from Macedonia airport to a Halkidiki village is rather expensive, as would cost EUR 80 about, (distance is 60-100 km). However if there 3 passengers together it might be more comfortable.

B.- By bus. From Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport the best way to go to the Halkidiki bus station, is by taxi, which is inexpensive, less than EUR 7-10 (per ride-for all pasengers). Just ask the driver for "Halkidiki bus station". To go there (to the bus station) by urban-bus, is complicated enough and one has to change a few buses and go time-consuming and unnecessary extra miles.

From Halkidiki bus station there are buses going to the various parts of Halkidiki. The buses are air-conditioned and fairly comfortable. The cost is also fairly cheap. For timetables :

www.ktel-chalkidikis.gr/index.php…

On clicking on each name of village, you are linked to the appropriate timetable and fares, from Thessaloniki.

tel: 2310 316 555 you will be able to communicate in English.

Κασσάνδρα= Cassandra (peninsula)

ΑΘΥΤΟΣ = Athytos (Afytos)

ΚΡΥΟΠΗΓΗ = Kryopigi

ΝΕΑ ΜΟΥΔΑΝΙΑ = Nea Moudania

ΠΕΥΚΟΧΩΡΙ = Pefkohori

ΠΟΛΥΧΡΟΝΟ = Polyhrono

ΠΟΣΕΙΔΙ = Poseidi

ΣΙΒΗΡΗ = Siviri

ΣΩΖΟΠΟΛΗ = Sozopoli

ΦΟΥΡΚΑ = Fourka

ΧΑΝΙΩΤΗ = Hanioti

Σιθωνία = Sithonia (peninsula)

ΑΓΙΟΣ ΝΙΚΟΛΑΟΣ = Aghios Nikolaos

ΓΕΡΑΚΙΝΗ = Gerakini

ΝΕΟΣ ΜΑΡΜΑΡΑΣ = Neos Marmaras

ΠΟΡΤΟ ΚΟΥΦΟ = Porto Koufo

ΣΑΡΤΗ = Sarti

ΣΥΚΙΑ = Sykia

ΤΟΡΩΝΗ = Toroni

ΨΑΚΟΥΔΙΑ = Psakoudia

Ουρανούπολη = Ouranoupoli (last village before territory of Holy Mount-Athos)

ΙΕΡΙΣΣΟΣ = Ierissos

ΟΥΡΑΝΟΥΠΟΛΗ = Ouranoupoli

ΤΡΥΠΗΤΗ = Trypiti

2.- to any destination excluding Halkidiki.

A.- By taxi. Transferring by taxi to the city centre, there are plenty of taxis at the airport, costing EUR 10-15 per ride.

B.- By bus. Transferring by bus from Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport to the Thessaloniki Railway station, or to the Macedonia-Thessaloniki-KTEL main bus station (and vice-versa), is effected, 24 hours a day, by bus No 78 (78N is for night rides), which links the three terminals (airport-RR station-bus station). The schedule is approximately every hour or half hour. Of course the bus rides through the centre of the city and should be used to get to any point within the city or to transfer to any other bus route.

timetable for bus78:

www.oasth.gr/routes/routeDetaileng.php…

timetable for bus78N:

www.oasth.gr/routes/route_eng.php…

Bus tickets in Thessaloniki cost EUR 0,80 if bought in advance, from kiosks. Many buses have ticket-vending machines on-board but do not return any change, and one has to put-in EUR 0,90 or more. Tickets last for 70 minutes (one can change buses within this time), and has to validate (stamp) them by inserting the ticket in the machines in the bus. You can carry a couple of bags with you.

One can also use the page of "How to go where" of OASTH (urban buses company).

http://www.oasth.gr/tools/bestroute_eng.php

tel No: 2310 981 100. Also tel No: 185. you will be able to communicate in English.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer from Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport

This is wonderful information for travelers heading to/from SKG..and well needed.. triper2007:-) Should be a way to make this a link or something for those looking to be able to access it! I had no clue the taxi fare into Town was 10-15E..I thought it was allot more!! Thanks for posting this..EnjoY!

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
15,284 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer from Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport

Agree with Litsa - this should not be lost. Can it be put as a sticky at the top of the forum?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer from Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport

..that's what I think I meant..a 'sticky'..but no clue how to do it;-) Hopefully triper2007 here will manage to get it done! Would be a shame to let all this good info get lost..Keep enjoyin'!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
436 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer from Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport

Thanks Litsa & Tsipouro. I tried to really make it a referrence for all those asking info to transfer from the airport onwards. It might be useful to remind people of this topic, when in future ask for this kind of information.

By the way, Litsa, taxis as you might know, have a double tariff, one for inner city and a second for out-of-town. Although Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport is, of course, out-of-town, there is a local law stipulating that the ride from within the city to the airport is designated as an in-town tariff (1st class, low tariff). However from midnight to 0500 AM, this changes (to 2nd class- high tariff, something less than double). And this, of course is valid both ways, from/to the airport. That is why it is not so expensive. However, if you want to go from the airport to anywhere else except within the city, you will be charged 2nd class (high). But have also in mind, as in all Europe, each bag is charged extra EUR 1, so, ask the driver to help you with loading the bags, you will be charged anyway.

Just for future reference, here are some taxi-companies and tel for radio-taxi, that is you can call from your mobile to specify an address to pick you up, which is no long waiting. If you want a specific future time to be picked-up from a specific place, there is a surcharge of EUR 2, I think. I am not sure all of them have English speaking staff, but many do:

Lefkos Pyrgos: 2310 214900

Macedonia: 2310 517417

Eurotaxi: 2310 866866

Mercedes-taxi: 2310 525000

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer from Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport

It's a linked top question now, at the top - right of the forum. . .

Edited: 29 January 2011, 19:25
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transfer from Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport

Bravo Nick;-) It was well needed here! Tripper2007..thanks for the specs..last time I was at SKG about 3 years ago in Sept..I got in a cab at the airport and asked to go the bus station for the buses that head to Naoussa..in the conversation (this always happens..lol!) he said he'd be happy to drive me there..it's about an hour+! Anyway, he quoted me I think around 80E..so off we went..never got to even get into Town..but good to know what to expect;-)) Enjoy all!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
436 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transfer from Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport

Well done Nick. Hope it will be an easy way to people asking about this info. Changes in the future of the above links, must be noted also here.

Enjoy all, Litsa!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
436 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transfer from Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport

transfer from

THESSALONIKI TO SKOPJE

every Mon-Wed-Fri 17:30

return on Mon-Wed-Fri 07:00

fare €20 ONE WAY, RETURN €25.

www.simeonidistours.gr/tours/topic.php…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: transfer from Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport

This is great information! Thank you..... so to confirm, a taxi from the airport to my Hotel in the city (Tourist Hotel Thessaloniki) should cost around 15 euro I am guessing? I arrive 2pm..... Thank you in advance!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
951 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: transfer from Macedonia-Thessaloniki airport

Supposing that you have luggage too,i would say count on 20-25 euros.Bus will cost you just 0,90 euros!