We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Connections in Thessaloniki Airport

Which Thessaloniki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Flight Connections in Thessaloniki Airport

Hello,

We will be flying into Thessaloniki airport from London in a few weeks, arriving at 4.25 p.m., and then be flying straight on to Athens. The flight times to Athens are either 6.50 p.m. or 8.25 p.m.

I'm unsure on the size and operation of Thessaloniki airport and was just wondering if 2.5 hours in between flights would be enough time, as we'd preferably like to book the 6.50 p.m. flight. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Connections in Thessaloniki Airport

Hey and welcome Niki84:-) Out of curiosity, why didn't you book a direct flight to Athens?;-) FWIW, I think the 6::50p would work just fine.. of course, with no considerable incoming delays! SKG is a 1-terminal/building operation.. 2.5 hours is plenty of time.. although I think it's a shame just flying through this magnificent City without at least a quick overnight or 2:-) Happy planning.. and EnJOY!

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Connections in Thessaloniki Airport

Hi Litsa, thanks for your reply. When we booked flights to Thessaloniki we were still undecided on which islands to choose. After much deliberation we've finally chosen Milos and Sifnos. But lesson learned, don't book flights before you've made your final decision! :)

Luckily it still works out cheaper to book onward flights to Athens than to have flown direct.

We've got one full day and night in Thessaloniki at the end of our trip so we'll get a glimpse of your city at least :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Connections in Thessaloniki Airport

Hey again and my pleasure Niki84:-) Live and learn, eh?;-) Glad you'll have at least a nice finale night in a wonderful waterfront City:-) Give bougatsa a try for breakfast before heading out.. and keep enjoyin'!

Edited: 16 May 2014, 21:09
4. Re: Flight Connections in Thessaloniki Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:17