We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to nea peramos, kavala region

Which Thessaloniki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edlesborough...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to nea peramos, kavala region

I have been trying to find out if it's possible to get a bus from thessaloniki to Kavala that actually stops at Nea Peramos, as we would like to stay there for a night or two before going on to Thassos. So far it looks like I have to get a bus to Kavala and then get one back to Nea Peramos. I've looked at the bus timetable, but it doesn't tell you where the bus will stop en-route. I hope someone can help!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
220 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to nea peramos, kavala region

Did you look at this timetable? It shows that there are 3 daily buses that go to Kavala Via Peramos.

11:00, 15:00 and 19:00

It doesn't say exactly where it stops in Peramos though.

http://ktelmacedonia.gr/en/routes/tid=17

Edlesborough...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to nea peramos, kavala region

Thank you - yes, I did find this bus timetable, but wasn't sure if it just meant that the bus would go via that 'express road' rather than the alternative mountainous route to Kavala. However, now I've looked up exactly where Eleftheroupoli is, it's clear that all the buses go via the road nearer the coast, and then enter turn right before Kavala for Nea Peramos, or left for Eleftheroupoli en-route. I just didn't want to risk the bus not actually going into Nea Peramos itself. I suppose another 'clue' is that the bus times are 2 hours for 'express', 2 hr 20m for via Nea Peramos, and 2hr 30m via Eleftheroupoli, so I guess we'll 'chance it'! Worst case scenario is that we find ourselves in Kavala and have to get a taxi back to where we want to be!

3. Re: Bus to nea peramos, kavala region

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:15