We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to go Ikaria Island from Chios in August 2014!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
I want to go Ikaria Island from Chios in August 2014!

I want to go Ikaria Island from Chios in August 2014. I search timetables and not found a ferry from Chios to Ikaria. Do you know will there any ferry to Ikarıa from Chios in summer?

Bath
Level Contributor
508 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I want to go Ikaria Island from Chios in August 2014!

Hope there will be at least one a week as we are planning to go the other way!....There is 1 at the moment. The ferry which did the Thursday connection from Karlovassi, Samos to Chios was one to rely on the last couple of years, so I think a boat on a Thurs from Chios to Ikaria might be most likely to happen. If not,you can hop from Chios to Vathi, Samos - that runs at least 2 days a week, (usually Sat and Mon/Tues) and then catch the daily connection from Karlovassi to Piraeus which stops at Ikaria.

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,653 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I want to go Ikaria Island from Chios in August 2014!

There's a weekly ferry running at present but it takes more than a day to get there!. You'll have to wait until nearer the time to know what's running. Going via Samos might be the best or only option.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I want to go Ikaria Island from Chios in August 2014!

thank you so much, i have been in Samos last summer and i didnt like so much, i wish there will be a ferry connection from Chios to Ikaria because i want to see different islands :) but if it not, we going to go samos and then ikaria

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,400 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I want to go Ikaria Island from Chios in August 2014!

If there is a conection, you will find it on www.gtp.gr At present time the schedules are released only until end of april, so you have to keep looking.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,090 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I want to go Ikaria Island from Chios in August 2014!

It's not that complicated. There will probably be 3 ferries per week from Chios to Samos/Ikaria, the stops maybe Vathy and/or Karlovassi on Samos but that does not matter in your case.

You are probably not going to have to change ferries on Samos. I'm guessing because of the Hellenic Seaways summer schedule for Piraeus > Samos. Misses Fourni entirely, thus the NEL ferry will and thus Ikaria as well, just a guess as always.

The thing with that connection is it maybe only 'approved' days in advance. So that means checking with the Chios ticket agencies to confirm days/times. It may/may not appear on http://www.gtp.gr/ early enough to be useful.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I want to go Ikaria Island from Chios in August 2014!

thank you for your attention

7. Re: I want to go Ikaria Island from Chios in August 2014!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:27