We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!! where to stay in Lesbos

thessaloniki
8 posts
Save Topic
HELP!!! where to stay in Lesbos

My boyfriend and i (both mid 30s) are going to Lesbos in August for 10 days and really want to explore the island.

Is it best to stay in one place and day trip around or stay in different places?

i was thinking 5 days in Mitilini and 5 days in Molyvos.

Is that ok ? Any other suggestions?

Can we rent a motorbike or is the island too big for that?

We are really confused- any help appreciated!

thank you up front!

Dora

Mentioned in this post
Molyvos
Molyvos
Lesbos, Greece
England
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Lesbos

I think you'll find Molivos to be the gem of the island, but if you hire a bike maybe move around and stay where you feel comfortable.

I feel Mitilini is not so relaxing, it is worth one day to explore, but the best is scattered around the island.

Molivos is definitely woth 5 days though.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Lesbos

Molivos is beautiful and nice to stay

Also Petra nearby is nice for swimming

Better to rent a car as Lesvos is quite big

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Lesbos

Dora - I agree with both previous posters; if you're thinking of renting one of those motorbikes that only get up to about kph, then you'll probably find driving to be pretty tedious.

I'd second the opinion about Mitilini - compared to Molyvos, it's a fairly hectic town. Depending on how much you enjoy driving, you can get to any part of the island from Molyvos on a day trip. But if you do want to split your time between two tows, you might want to consider Skala Eressou in the west, or Plomari in the south.

Mentioned in this post
Molyvos
Molyvos
Lesbos, Greece
Plomari
Plomari
Lesbos, Greece
thessaloniki
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Lesbos

Thank you all! Very helrful!

We' ve decided on Molivos and Plomari for bases.

If not a trouble , could you please suggest any hotels in these places???

Looking for something with a great view and basic facilities.

Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Plomari
Plomari
Lesbos, Greece
Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Lesbos

For Molyvos, the Sea Horse is great. Right down on the harbor with balconies overlooking the water; just meters away from excellent restaurants and within easy stumbling distance of a great bar.

Athens
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Lesbos

For Plomari, try Akrogiali (it's in Ayios Isidoros) www.akrogialihotel.com or check the list of hotels in the following link islasdelegeo.com/greek/…

Holland
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Lesbos

Hi Dora,

I booked last year through www.lesvoshouses.com and the gave me the best accommodation ever!!

For Miltilini I woulldn't do this because there is not really al lot to doo or see.

Just stay in Molivos and see from there that's what we did and had a great time.

Have funn,

Hans

8. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Lesbos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2008, 23:18
9. Re: HELP!!! where to stay in Lesbos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Lesbos
Recent Conversations