We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trips from lesbos

blackburn
Level Contributor
267 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
trips from lesbos

still trying to decide on a holiday for early june next year, does anyone know the approx price for trips to another island or to the mainland, i like to go to a greek island and to visit another whilst there. also fancy thassos and crete to go across to spinalonga, like walking, a bit of history but also beaches and good food, any suggestions welcome, still going to parga which is my first love. Thanks

Eftalou, Greece
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: trips from lesbos

Have you considered different resorts around Lesvos.

If you have never been to the island before you may not know how the island varies in landscape and culture.

It is the third largest island in Greece, with a great deal to see. I have lived here 11 years and am still exploring.

It is not possible to see everything in in one shot holiday.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,305 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trips from lesbos

I have to agree, far too much to see on Lesvos to worry about going to other islands, it feels like several islands in one as you travel around anyway. Olive groves, pine forest, the barren landscape of the west, all completely different.

Take a look at some pics from our far too short stay on Lesvos a few months ago,

flickr.com/photos/…

Eftalou, Greece
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: trips from lesbos

Wow Yiassas

allot of great photos, you really have travelled around

Thanks for sharing them

ellenisworkshop

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,098 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trips from lesbos

Have to agree with posts above. Far too many places to explore & variety of things to do on Lesvos to have the time to go elsewhere! Next year will be our fifth visit & we still have not been everywhere on my "must do" list! It is always a headache working out yet again what to leave till NEXT time!

Are you going for one week or two? As suggested above if you stay in different places, eg Petra, Mytilini & Plomari you will think you have seen at least three different islands, but without the travelling. You can take a day trip across to Turkey from Mytilini; anywhere else is really quite some distance & will eat up time. For a trip to Greek mainland I think you would be looking at a 7 hour overnight ferry. Hardly worth it unless you enjoy transit ferries!

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trips from lesbos

WEVE been to Thassos 3 times and you can get ferry back to the mainland and visit Kalva and the old town or Thomsons did a tour to the mainland.

we caught ferry over to mainland from Scala prinos and had a great day walking up to old town

6. Re: trips from lesbos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2011, 06:24