We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help !!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Topic
help !!

We have been to a few Greek Islands,but were thinking of trying Lesbos.Are there plenty of bars and restaurants,or is it very quiet.We don't want clubs or anything like that,just plenty of choice of places to eat and drink.Thank you,nicki

EAST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help !!

Nicola, Lesvos is a fabulous island and this forum has lots of very knowledgeable contributors.Check out the Lesvos forums.Iro places to eat and drink my wife and I love the Molyvos harbour area.Lesvos is just one of those great places that can be all things to all people,once bitten you'll go back again and again.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,491 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help !!

Lesvos is wonderful! Are you looking at a package or independent travel? It is a big island & if you like exploring there is plenty to see. The main package resorts have loads of places to eat & drink & nightlife is low-key. But get off the beaten path & you will find wonderful food, at bargain prices, all over the island.

Do a search on the forum here as there is loads of info from past visitors on places to see, stay, eat & enjoy! You will not regret your choice of Lesvos!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help !!

Hi Nicki,

Lesvos is a fantastic Island, we stayed in Anaxos and loved it, close by are Petra and Molyvos which are also very nice and have loads of bars and restaurants, it's a large Island so if you are confident of driving then hire a car and try and see as much of it as possible.

Stu

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help !!

BEWARE!!!! LESVOS IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!!!!

Everyone , yes everyone I spoke to on my 1st visit to Anaxos last May was a repeat visitor, some as many as 15-16 times. Until now I always thought the world had too many places to go anywhere twice but I've booked to go back in June this year and I'm considering another one later in the year if I can manage it , if I cant , I'll definitely go again next year.

Great food , really good value , very friendly, helpful locals and fellow holidaymakers alike , It wasn't the type of place that got me straight away , it gradually got under my skin . I cant wait to go back.

I loved it . Glenn.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: help !!

Have had a good price for Plaza palace in Anaxos.Everywhere else seems to be soo expensive this year.Can't decide whether to book now or leave it until nearer the summer when prices may have come down,or maybe thats wishful thinking.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help !!

I would book now as Plaza Palace soon sells out no dates left for end of August when we have booked. Can reccomend as we stayed there last year and when we go back there are 2 other couples re booked 1 for second time and 1 for4th time.

There are plenty bars and Tavernas to choose from and Molyvos his a lovely place to visit in the evening stoll around the od town and sit watch sun go down in the harbour.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: help !!

All booked for July.Can't wait.Start the countdown haha.

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help !!

You can eat and drink very well indeed on Lesvos. Most of the taverna owners buy locally or have their own smallholdings. The island is also famous for ouzo. In any year there will be a few naff ones or ones that have gone naff but that's true anywhere.

You'll find plenty in Anaxos. If the coastal path hasn't been washed away (again) you can also walk to Avlaki which is a lovely spot to while away an afternoon or two. Petra has plenty of good places to eat, just make sure you check out the tavernas opposite the beach and in the back streets and not just those near the square and agora.

Molivos has many places to eat and drink. The main street / agora is a steep climb but worth it. There are also places all along the road to the harbour and in the harbour itself.

In a few years when you are finally bored with all of those just head up into the villages or start exploring the rest of the island.

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help !!

You've made a really good point there Glenn. We can't figure it either but Lesvos - and especially the Molivos / Petra / Anaxos area has SOMETHING that just keeps drawing us back there. We've talked to other people about this and they all know exactly what we mean but can't put their finger on it either.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: help !!

Thank you all for the information.It just makes me want to go even more.

Get answers to your questions about Lesbos