We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch flights

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch flights

Last year on Monarch flights everyone was givemn a meal even if not booked.

Any one been this year and are they still doing that?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Monarch flights

When we went out we got the free meals. Coming back nobody got any meals. They didn't bring them and claimed they knew nothing about them. So if you paid.... and expected food.... you got nothing. And the outbound flight ate most of the snacks too - they had no breakfast meal either.

Not relying on the 'free' meal on the way back we got something to eat before we left Mytilini. A week later they didn't leave until the Sunday afternoon in the end.

We're booked for next May and assume you might have food but will plan to take snacks too. Not paid for meals.

Edited: 31 July 2012, 00:44
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Monarch flights

Hi,

We 6 paid for our meals and I requested veg option, going out on 21stt there was no meal for me as they had given them to people who were just asking for them...they assured me on way back I would have one but they knew nothing of it...thankfully there was one left.Its my choice to eat the way I do and havent eaten meat for 27 years now but especially on the 6.30 am flight out I'm usually hungry by the time the meals come around and as we had our 18 month grandaughter wanted to give her something warm too.This is why we pay up front ,good on folks getting them for free but think the system is pretty bad..anyhows will do trip report later today...xx

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Monarch flights

Percy66 - where specifically did you write to - it looks like I will be doing the same on my return in a couple of weeks time!

Audenshaw...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Monarch flights

Hi mathsboffin,

You can email www.thomascook.com/customer-relations or write to Manos, Customer Relations, 2-4 Godwin Street, Bradford, BD1 2ST.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Monarch flights

Hi,

Our first flight with Monarch for absolutely years was Manchester to Lesvos in 2010. We were on a TC package, had a meal as did everyone else and that instigated the same discussion as on this thread.

Last year we again flew Monarch but to Preveza, as part of an Ionian Island Holidays package, again everyone got a meal. Although you always do with Ionian regardless of the airline other Tour Operators use the same flight and again the same discussion broke out as some people hadn't booked/paid for them whereas others had.

I've recently booked direct with Monarch, for Preveza for this September. On the booking page it says inflight meals 'available to purchase' but there's no button to press to add them even on the next, 'extras' page. I completed the booking but when the email arrived - which doubles as our eticket, it stated that meals had been declined.

I rang Monarch customer services who were adamant that meals have to be prebooked and paid for. As we're amongst the minority who actually like onboard meals I went ahead and booked and was charged £32.

It seems then that it could therefore be a Monarch issue not a try-on by TC or the other operators (though I do note Percy's post) I feel an email to Monarch coming on!!

Edited: 31 July 2012, 20:51
Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Monarch flights

There does appear to be a lack of consistency doesn't there. I will see what happens on our flights to Lesbos - counting down the hours now! Thank you Percy66 for the contact details.

Glastonbury, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Monarch flights

Just booked holiday to Lesvos for next may with thomascook but flying with monarch, in-flight meals are included free, it is on our paper work.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Monarch flights

They must have changed it then because this year some paid extra and we all got it on the way out. On the way back Monarch didn't bring any food at all. Which will have disappointed those who had paid. It was a case of having mini tubes of Pringles etc at inflated prices.

We also booked for Anaxos next May some time ago - no mention of food on our booking paperwork (we did it in store to use up a voucher).

So if you've literally just booked it then the 'two flights remaining' should either mean no more seats or it's a marketing ploy to get people to book.

EDIT: Of course you might have booked from Gatwick. Manchester claims only 2 seats remain. But not if you try for only one week in the first or second week. Odd. They did that last year too.

Edited: 03 August 2012, 16:00
Mentioned in this post
Anaxos
Anaxos
Lesbos, Greece
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Glastonbury, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Monarch flights

We have booked from Gatwick but it was with hotel etc.

LEEDS WEST YORKS
Level Contributor
739 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Monarch flights

We are going on Monarch next Sept with Thomascook on,we booked online and on the original booking it say meals include,when the tour operators confirmation came it says onboard meals not pr-bookable on this flight,so I presume we will get them ,if you cant book them everyone must get them .

Get answers to your questions about Lesbos
Recent Conversations