We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problems with booking on line

Glastonbury, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Problems with booking on line

Hi

Has anyone had any problems for booking on line with Thomas cook , I have been trying to book the same two weeks in may as we had this year, been checking weeks now for there prices, If you put a week in you get a choice of 13 places on Lesvos but when I put the date we want nothing comes up, I can get the date to go out but have to come back in a week, if I put in the week before or the week after I can have two weeks, I think maybe I will have to go into town friday and see If I can book the date in the shop thanks.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problems with booking on line

had the same problems with finikounda this year, went in to the shop and staff couldnt help either. thomas cook must be the worst website ever its just a shame you have to use them to get to lesvos

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Problems with booking on line

Hi there

it could be something to do with airline seat availability as currently, there are just two flights per week to Lesvos, one from Gatwick and one from Manchester, both using Monarch. Their old Boeing 757s carry around 230 passengers each so the maths is easy, that's less than 500 seats per week to the island. The 757s are due to be retired from service next year so let's hope that they put some of their newer Airbuses onto the routes from the UK.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,497 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Problems with booking on line

One of the other DEs (rtj70) reported this issue a while back - he could not book 2 weeks, although the 2 weeks he wanted showed as available if he looked at the dates separately. I think others have solved the problem by visiting their high street branch & you should get a price the same as the online price would be if you do this. Have a browse through some of the recent threads on here that have mentioned this issue & perhaps others who have already booked will drop by with concrete reports on their own experience.

In view of the speculation that Ryanair are in talks regarding direct flights to Mytilini you might want to keep an eye on the news of this potential alternative to TC - it will be reported on the forum here as soon as any of us know anything definite. This of course may well mean booking accomodation yourself - giving you a much wider choice from that available on the island. And you would have to factor in the possible cost of a transfer to resort unless you planned to hire a car.

Glastonbury, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Problems with booking on line

Thank you

We would like to use Ryanair & book our own accomodation but do not want to risk waiting thanks.

London
Level Contributor
591 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Problems with booking on line

We booked the exact holiday we wanted in TCs travel agency where the full brochure was available at Internet prices. We were told that the second (main) edition is available towards the end of July and that means that all properties should be available on line.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
699 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Problems with booking on line

Hiya Maryann3,

Can confirm what rfc13 has said. I had endless trouble online, and ended up ringing our local TC shop. They were able to quote me for two week holidays in June & September 2014, quoting for 4 different properties in Petra.

Jackie

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Problems with booking on line

I work in a travel agents and can confirm that the Thomas Cook shops have the holidays available to book - a customer I served had been having the same problem with Lesvos. Thomas Cook online and their shops are now the same price for all package holidays. They can often book your seats online straight away too (if it's a Thomas Cook flight).

I've noticed a few holidays are unavailable online, but the shops can get them.

BTW, if your chosen holiday is featured in both the preview and 1st edition brochures I have noticed a lot will increase when the 1st edition goes on sale on Thursday.

Edited: 22 July 2013, 21:14
Workington, United...
Level Contributor
721 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Problems with booking on line

could not get a price online for 2 weeks in sept 2014 but got price in Thomas cook shop no problem ,but having to wait to book as we still have this sept to look forward too

9. Re: Problems with booking on line

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Lesbos
Recent Conversations