We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who should compensate us for delay,Thomas Cook or Monarch?

Naas, Ireland
Level Contributor
175 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Who should compensate us for delay,Thomas Cook or Monarch?

Okay guys,this question and a lot of answers is no doubt in a lot of places throughout various forums but I and probably everyone else on yesterdays Monarch flight MON 1857 are too tired to sift through it all so all new info and thoughts would be most welcome.

For the record,my family and I were flythomas cook customers on a returning flight only ticket from from Lesvos to Manchester.

As we all know the flight was delayed by aprox 23 hours and the following happened to us.

We were just leaving for the aiport when a fellow holidaymaker due to fly on the same plane advised us that the plane was delayed.

We stayed in our accomodation overnight thus missing our connecting Ryanair flight to Dublin on Saturday night at the loss of approx €400 and then we had to pay for the following.

Extra night in hotel-€50 euro and Saturdays lunch-€35 approx.,dinner--€50 euro approx,extra days car hire--tba,breakfast on Sunday,lunch on Sunday,snacks on the plane,and then the big one......€1500 for the four of us to get back to Dublin on the only available flight last night topped off with a little cherry of extra car park charges in Dublin and a missed day at work today due to all this as we only got home at 11.30 last night.

Through all of this we were never at any stage contacted or offered any food or accomodation by any Thomas Cook people.

Monarch desk at Manchester would not accept responsibility and directed us to the Thomas Cook desk in a different terminal.

When we got there the Thomas Cook desk advised us to go back to the Monarch desk.

Obviously we didn't and had to pay the ransom to Ryanair to get home.

I called Thomas Cook office today in the UK and the same again......it is Monarchs responsibility,blah blah blah even though I pointed out we booked our ticket with Thomas Cook.

We have travel insurance but am sure that all of the costs will not be covered.

So thanks in advance for all ideas and opinions which will be greatly received by us and I am sure other people in a similar position.

Edited: 29 July 2013, 19:13
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Who should compensate us for delay,Thomas Cook or Monarch?

This was recently posted on the Stoupa forum by MrM99 who was on this forum quite a bit last year , He had a 4 hour delay flying to Kalamata from Manchester in August.

Hi to all you good folk

This is specifically aimed at those good folk who took their holiday to Stoupa 4th-18th August 2013 ie earlier this year, and who flew from Manchester on the VERY DELAYED 07:00hrs flight....Well as I'm sure we'll all remember the flight was delayed by 4 hours! This meant we effectively missed an afternoon on the beach as part of our holiday....SO...we applied for compensation through the Thomas Cook website and instructions....AND...low and behold we received a voucher for £690 off our next TC holiday!!

How much would it be for 23 hours ???

£690 for a 4 hour delay ???

Keep at it aasman & debs !!!

Naas, Ireland
Level Contributor
175 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Who should compensate us for delay,Thomas Cook or Monarch?

Thanks for that Lekistyx. Not giving up yet.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
418 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Who should compensate us for delay,Thomas Cook or Monarch?

neither am I !!!

uk
Level Contributor
278 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Who should compensate us for delay,Thomas Cook or Monarch?

i'm still chasing monarch with this too

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
418 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Who should compensate us for delay,Thomas Cook or Monarch?

The CAA have sent our claim back to Monarch for them to re-consider. Not very hopeful tbh.

uk
Level Contributor
278 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Who should compensate us for delay,Thomas Cook or Monarch?

no its not looking good debs, swines

47. Re: Who should compensate us for delay,Thomas Cook or Monarch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Lesbos
Recent Conversations