We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation near Lesvos airport

Trearddur Bay...
Level Contributor
162 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation near Lesvos airport

I'm looking for somewhere to stay fairly near Lesvos airport in a couple of weeks time. I'd rather not stay in Mytilene itself and am wondering if there are any smaller resorts/villages a bit nearer to the airport. Also, are there any decent beaches in that area? Thanks

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,940 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation near Lesvos airport

You should look at the area around Vareia - plenty of places listed on a site like booking.com. It's only a 10 minute drive both to the airport & the city & has shops & tavernas. Cannot comment on beaches as I am not a beach person. There is a bus service along the coast road as far as the airport.

Edited: 24 August 2013, 19:44
Bath
Level Contributor
513 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation near Lesvos airport

Are you just stopping en route to/from the airport for a night or two, or are you looking at a longer stay? As Tsipouro says,the Varia area is great for an overnight /short stay ,but not necessarily for longer.

Mitilíni, Lesvos...
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation near Lesvos airport

Anywhere you stay, you will still have to catch a cab or bus to get to the airport. There are no hotels within logical walking distance. So don't rule out Mitilini itself.

Trearddur Bay...
Level Contributor
162 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation near Lesvos airport

thanks guys. I'm just looking for somewhere fairly quiet to spend a night or two before flying home. Just somewhere to chill out with either a pool or near the beach but I would like it to be fairly quiet, hence the reason for avoiding Mytilene.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,073 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation near Lesvos airport

Hi,

There is no sizable village in that area, or any decent beaches, they are narrow windswept, scrubby, pebble and shingle strips with trees between the airport road & sea.

The area towards the airport is Varia/Neapoli where there are a few hotels listed. Most seem to be on Booking.com as already mentioned.

I have only ever stayed in Mytilini town proper, but then I was using ferries. Many years ago I stayed in what is now the Orpheus hotel which is in reasonably quiet position behind the ferry terminal.

http://www.orfeas-hotel.com/english.html

Mitilíni, Lesvos...
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation near Lesvos airport

Pools near Mytilini on the Vareia side, none are budget of course:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1450327-d18404…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1450327-d28957…

and

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1450327-d14809…

Mitilíni, Lesvos...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation near Lesvos airport

The beach I prefer is Charamida, but its 16km to the south of the city on a windy road. Big, without sand a not many people, it has 2 cantinas.

Bath
Level Contributor
513 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation near Lesvos airport

We have always stayed slightly further out from where you want. The beaches are better further out, but then transport is an issue. However, Greek and English friends have stayed at the Heliotrope hotel for just the same reasons you want. It is modern , very near airport with pool and not far from a 'little beach'. The late deals are pretty good. We have had coffee and a swim there before going to airport...it.is quite big and is used for business as well as leisure, but we have always found it to be comfortable atmosphere, relaxed and not busy.

Trearddur Bay...
Level Contributor
162 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation near Lesvos airport

thanks for all that info, I'm getting a clear picture of the area now. I think a hotel with a pool for the last couple of days after trekking round some other islands and before taking the dreaded flight home is going to be ideal.

10. Re: Accommodation near Lesvos airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Lesbos
Recent Conversations