We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights Mytilene-Athens in July

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
5,239 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Flights Mytilene-Athens in July

Can any of you seasoned travellers from the UK to Lesvos help re. flights? I'm very keen to get to Lesvos for the first time next year, and we can only travel in early July. Flights out from Heathrow via Athens are no problem, but I'm having trouble with finding convenient return flights.

Aegean Airlines is showing only 2 flights per day from Mytilene to Athens. The first is at 06.25 which is horribly early - if we book this one, can anyone recommend a hotel very close to the airport where we can spend the night before? The second flight is at 20.25 which would mean spending the night in Athens airport to catch an early morning flight back to Heathrow - or breaking our journey with a night or two in Athens, but I fear it will be very hot and crowded in July.

Can anyone tell me if Olympic are likely to fly Mytilene-Athens next summer? The Olympic website is saying 'no flights' - does this mean they just haven't been released yet, or do they really not fly there (despite offering it as a search option)?

I will be grateful for any help and advice from the usual Lesvos suspects! Thanks in advance.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,536 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights Mytilene-Athens in July

Plenty of places south of Mytilini centre within 10 minutes drive of the airport. Best thing is to look on Booking.com & select Vareia area. We have stayed at Villa Nufaro & friends have stayed at Filoxenia - both very happy with our choices. Both of these are just off the main airport road, so very handy but quiet at night.

You could catch the evening flight & stay at this place which is quite near to Athens airport, but a lot cheaper than the Sofitel, even allowing for a taxi (or depends on time of flights they offer a shuttle service)

http://www.perishotelapt.gr/

Edited: 08 November 2013, 13:01
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights Mytilene-Athens in July

Olympic Air hasn't loaded timetables on their website for next summer yet. Currently they are showing flights for all the destinations I have checked only through 29th March 2014. A poster on another thread received an email from Olympic Air stating that the timetables should be available sometime in November.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
5,239 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights Mytilene-Athens in July

Thank you both, very helpful !

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights Mytilene-Athens in July

..take a look at www.aegeanair.com/ They're showing flights Athens/Mytilene for 43E all inc in July:-) EnJOY!

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,536 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights Mytilene-Athens in July

Just be aware (anyone reading this) that will be the GoLite fare - only for those with hand luggage, which of course is a bargain! But if you have to add on hold luggage it will cost more, plus a card fee.

Eftalou, Greece
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights Mytilene-Athens in July

Be aware that olympic is now part of Aegean Airways so its possible that they will consolidate the flights to the island, so there could be less flights from Athens this year. Hopefully not!

7. Re: Flights Mytilene-Athens in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Lesbos
Recent Conversations