We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunflower Guide to Lesvos - NEW!

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,334 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Sunflower Guide to Lesvos - NEW!

There is now a new & updated version of the excellent Sunflower guide for the island. This has been my "bible" to the island ever since my first visit & contains several car tours & a great number of walks of varying lengths. Even for non-walkers it is a good indicator of places of interest & the car tours are an excellent way to get an overview of what Lesvos has to offer in day trips around various routes in different parts of the island.

sunflowerbooks.co.uk/product/…

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
4,489 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunflower Guide to Lesvos - NEW!

Great news! I've just ordered it on Amazon, they had 3 copies and "more on the way". It will be so good to have this for our first time to Lesvos in July. Thanks for the alert Tsipouro, I will toast you with a glass of your namesake when we arrive!

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,334 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunflower Guide to Lesvos - NEW!

When I went on Amazon this morning they only had one on offer so I snaffled it before posting here. A while later they were showing 7 - new stock must have been found & already selling fast! Steve ought to be on commission for alerting me to the new edition.

Edited: 28 January 2014, 17:33
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunflower Guide to Lesvos - NEW!

There were 7 copies when I looked earlier. I noticed on the Sunflower website they mention an offer to upgrade your old edition to the new one. The cost of the upgrade is 50% plus postage. So you post off your older edition and send a cheque for £7.50 and they will post you a new copy. Pay an extra 50p and they send it first class.

I know it could go missing but if it did you'd just buy a new copy anyway.

I'm wondering how much will have changed since the 2nd edition. But I see that was published in 2007! So lots could have changed.... To upgrade or not.... I'll ask the boss again later.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,334 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunflower Guide to Lesvos - NEW!

Yes - but my old copy is full of handy notes in the margins - not parting with it & I don't ever lend it to anyone. It's pure gold! Dates from 2004.

Edited: 28 January 2014, 17:44
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,490 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunflower Guide to Lesvos - NEW!

They call me Mr 10%... I'll be contacting Sunflower and Amazon to explain the sudden blip in sales lol

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunflower Guide to Lesvos - NEW!

If you review the book (or another of theirs) on Amazon you get a free PDF copy of the current book you review I think... Might be handy being able to print out the maps etc.

Edited: 28 January 2014, 17:59
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunflower Guide to Lesvos - NEW!

>> Dates from 2004

Must be edition one then??? Mine is 2007 and edition two. Still might get an update. But it might not be that out of date and is in pristine condition.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,334 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunflower Guide to Lesvos - NEW!

Yes - mines a first edition.

Yours is pristine? Hmm! to me that says unused!! Or even unloved!! Poor book! Mine has travelled well & seen most of the island, but of course it does go on walks & gets crammed into cargo pockets, rucsac pockets etc & gets written on. I was always downloading the annual updates & sticking them in or crossing out wrong bits & writing new info down the margins.

I know about the FREE PDF - well I am a Yorkshire girl! So I'll definitely be going for one of those.

Glad I don't have to ask permission to spend £12.99! LOL!! Just tell Mrs rtj70 that what you spend on the book you'll save by taking her to eat at Achilles Well 2 or 3 times!!

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,334 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunflower Guide to Lesvos - NEW!

. . . . and just had an email from Amazon to say it's on it's way! Got visions of Amazon sending out for a crate load of these after today's surge in sales!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunflower Guide to Lesvos - NEW!

It's not about spending £12.99 - it's whether we really need to update edition 2 at all. I'm thinking more of the waste of discarding/recycling a book.

Get answers to your questions about Lesbos