We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yay we have booked..But not Ourania !

london
Level Contributor
287 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Yay we have booked..But not Ourania !

Yes we booked today at our local Thomas cook .After all the questions and views on these studios and they are fully booked for the whole of the summer holidays !! We are staying at the Nakellis which sound very nice and we are happy with. The reviews seem good. The distance seem nearer than Ourania, I am sure one of you could give me more of an idea of where they are.I did look at the map but they are not on there. I am so excited and can not wait for it to be the 2nd August !!

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,481 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yay we have booked..But not Ourania !

That's great news Bonnie! Don't wish for the time to go too quickly of course, but woo! hoo!!

Good to hear that the Ourania is fully booked - hope lots of other places are likewise occupied.

uk
Level Contributor
367 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yay we have booked..But not Ourania !

In an excellant position, its only a 5 minute stroll to the front from the apartments . From memory directions are as follows .... With your back to the sea front ( kantina and womens co-op end) walk up the main street past kaldimiri ( i think you pass the church this way) when you come to Mahalas walk past it on the right hand side then turn right and its on the left hand side , you will have nice views of the church from the swimming pool. ... I love the sign in the rooms saying what the hostages can or cannot do !!! Apartments are basic but clean, no hair drier in rooms but they do have a kettle , hob and fridge, Easy to walk into Anaxos if you fancy a change and to the new site of the Traditional taverna ...

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yay we have booked..But not Ourania !

Good for you Bonnie !!!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it .

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yay we have booked..But not Ourania !

Obviously a block booking at the Ourania from the Masochistic Society of Great Britain...;0)

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,590 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yay we have booked..But not Ourania !

Or maybe reduced so it's a bargain...I could have a week there incl transfers for £250 in early May...from MAN! But it didn't get on my shortlist!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yay we have booked..But not Ourania !

Sorry you couldn't get in at the Ourania, they must be keeping the majority of their customers happy as a lot of return people. But make sure you go for a meal at Ourania as its a great menu and a nice strole from the Nakallis. Enjoy

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yay we have booked..But not Ourania !

Hi Bonnie

I've looked at the hotel review photos to get the shape of the pool and the rough position of the nearest landmarks and had a search on google earth and a fanfare may be in order ??? .............

I think I've found it for you !!!

Now to try to explain how to find it ????

1 , Go to google earth and find Lesvos .

2 , Find Petra and zoom in on the church on the rock .

3 , Select from the toolbar icons at the top of the page the one that looks like a ruler and click on it , this will give you a choice of measurements miles , km's , yards , feet etc .

4 , Select metres ,

5 , Click the cursor on the church then move it due south { a yellow line should appear} for 270 metres .

This will take you to what I hope is the Nakellis studios .

Will someone who knows the Nakellis please confirm that this is the right place ?

And if it is ?

{ this bit is for rtj to put it on the sticky map }

39 degs 19' 27 . 72 North

26 degs 10' 33 . 04 East

Edited: 16 February 2014, 12:40
Lancashire
Level Contributor
699 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yay we have booked..But not Ourania !

So pleased that you have been able to book for this year Bonnie, I feel all excited for you !!!!!!

Jackie

london
Level Contributor
287 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yay we have booked..But not Ourania !

lekistyx you are star of the day,so well explained I did all by myself and did not have to ask the son !! So helpful to see where we will be thank you :) Thomas cook said it all gets booked very quickly Nakellis all that was left in Petra and there were only 2 rooms . Thank you all for the help and information and being excited for me.I had faith you would all be able to help me .I will of course be asking more questions before my holiday lol

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yay we have booked..But not Ourania !

Oh Yeah !!!

Fanfare !!!

Oh Yeah !!!

Taaa! Da! Da! Da! Da! Da! Daaaaah !!!!! ;0)

Lesvos Rocks !!!

And so will you when you get there !!! ;0)

Get answers to your questions about Lesbos
Recent Conversations