We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lidl

Staffs
Level Contributor
214 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Lidl

I'm sure I have driven past Lidl on the way from the airport. Would I be correct in thinking that? Also, how far roughly is it from the airport so I can keep an eye out for it to stock up on basics.

Thanks

Mitilíni, Lesvos...
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lidl

Wrong. Lidl is after Mitilini, towards Panagiouda, (north). Its about 1.5km after you leave the town.

If you plan on staying far from Mitilini e.g. Molyvos, Eresos, Plomari don't buy anything that requires a fridge. A lot of people do, but I wouldn't.

Mentioned in this post
Panagiouda
Panagiouda
Lesbos, Greece
Molyvos
Molyvos
Lesbos, Greece
Eresos
Eresos
Lesbos, Greece
Plomari
Plomari
Lesbos, Greece
South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
15,334 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lidl

You won't have gone past Lidl if you were on a transfer coach, but if you are driving yourself from the airport it is the place we stock up on water & non-perishables (biscuits, crackers, nuts etc). You can then turn back to pick up the Kalloni road, but you can also continue up the coast towards Mandamados & the continue along the north coast to Vafios & Molivos. It's a lovely route - no buses, but watch out for goats or sheep in the road!

Mentioned in this post
Kalloni
Kalloni
Lesbos, Greece
Staffs
Level Contributor
214 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lidl

Thanks. We have had a car on our last 2 visits. I don't recall the way we went as my husband directs and I just drive ;-) I remember driving through what was a pine forest area and onto a newly laid road. This was on the way to Molyvos.

I may not bother with a stop to stock up until we get to Molyvos then. We have previously used the little shop behind the laundrette. Its only for water, juice, snacks etc anyway.

Mentioned in this post
Molyvos
Molyvos
Lesbos, Greece
Bath
Level Contributor
513 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lidl

The road you describe is the main road to Kalloni. If you want to go to Lidl, head round the port instead and out on the right hand side following the coast!!-(easier description than road directions). Then Lidl is about 5 mins out of town . We stock up on Cereals, Juice, water, crisps etc. plus shampoo, shower gel, (less weight in rucksack luggage!!) and it does save us quite a bit...though we still spend money on fresh goods in Eressos too! When you've finished, at Lidl turn away from town and take the next left to Moria and, as Tsipouro says,you will re-join the road you are familiar with.

Mentioned in this post
Kalloni
Kalloni
Lesbos, Greece
Moria
Moria
Lesbos, Greece
Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lidl

Hi LisaG

If you are driving via Kalloni there is a really good supermarket on the outskirts there (just before Kalloni on then left if approaching from the south). I think it's a Masoutis.

Cheers

Phil

Mentioned in this post
Kalloni
Kalloni
Lesbos, Greece
Staffs
Level Contributor
214 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lidl

Thanks all.

Molyvos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
645 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lidl

To find the shops in question, cut and paste the numbers into google maps.

Lidl 39.130487, 26.543492

Masoutis 39.230912, 26.213113

Rob & Carol

8. Re: Lidl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Lesbos
Recent Conversations