We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location voiture Billys rental horrible mai 2014

Annecy, France
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
location voiture Billys rental horrible mai 2014

We have rent a car at Lesvos , we have reserved for a fiat panda or a hundai l10 for wheel height.

at our arrival at the airport,Billy's rental waited for us with a kia picanto engine very tired

car without shock absorbers, dented, dirty, feeling bad (cigarette, sweat), car consuming 10l per 100 km. it was late and we have to do 50 km so it was impossible to refuse.

it is unacceptable to mislead people like that, our holidays were spoiled by this car

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: location voiture Billys rental horrible mai 2014

Sorry to hear you've experienced this and feel the holiday was spoilt. The car does not sound like it was okay for rental in terms of condition.

However, when you rent a car anywhere you probably know you book a type of car and not an actual model. So if you're expecting a FIAT Panda or Hyundai i10, then I would say a Kia Picanto is similar. In fact KIA and Hyundai are the same company and the i10 is the Hyundai version and the Picanto is the Kia model.

Could you not have swapped the car the next day or something? We got a Kia Picanto (ex Avis) via Costas/Alison at Lesvos Car Hire. It was a few years old and had done high mileage but it was clean and mechanically sound.

But seeing the Billy's cars lined up at Anaxos a few weeks back, they all looked fine to me. Sounds like you might have been unlucky?

Something someone else told me about Billy's when they got their car this year - they were asked to pay cash for it. They could not use a card. If you'd not planned that and had rented for 2 weeks what would you do.

lancashire
Level Contributor
391 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: location voiture Billys rental horrible mai 2014

I have used billys in the past without problems but be aware.

We went away wiith family and my father in law booked a car with billy and when he picked the car up a young kid was washing it and the car was wet.

When he took the car back the same young kid tried to say that they had damaged the car he went straight to a scratch on the bumper like he knew exactly where the damage was.

My father in law told him to pour water on the scratch and it could not been seen still cost 50 euro they said they would ring the police if he diid not pay.

So use alison and costa.

Baarn
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: location voiture Billys rental horrible mai 2014

same experience with Billy's. Not good! Not a reliable address when we talked about it with people that live there, or with locals....

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: location voiture Billys rental horrible mai 2014

>> So use alison and costa.

As in Lesvos Car Hire (http://www.lesvoscarhire.com). A recommendation I would agree with. And their restaurant the Omega is recommended highly too.

Wolverhampton
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: location voiture Billys rental horrible mai 2014

Yep , see above !

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,744 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: location voiture Billys rental horrible mai 2014

I've not used Alison & Costa, but I've never seen or heard anything but excellent reports about their cars & service.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: location voiture Billys rental horrible mai 2014

I've used them and the reports are true, reliable, friendly and good rates.

Glastonbury, United...
Level Contributor
300 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: location voiture Billys rental horrible mai 2014

Can also recommend Lesvos car hire, we had a problem with our car and spoke to Alison who is English so no communication problems, a replacement car was with us within 40 mins and we were off on our days tour. A phone call 2 hours later to say our car was fixed (loose wire) and would be in our hotel car park and the keys would be under the mat, please put other car keys under the mat and someone will pick it up later which turned out to be 2 days later. This is one of the many reasons why we love Lesvos.

9. Re: location voiture Billys rental horrible mai 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 05:15