We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester Wednesday Flights for 2015

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Manchester Wednesday Flights for 2015

Anyone know what is going on with the Manchester flights on Wednesdays to Lesvos for 2015. They were on the Thomas Cook site (available to book as flight only or packages) but now they have disappeared. I do hope they are not cancelled.

Thanks

wigan
Level Contributor
355 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester Wednesday Flights for 2015

Only sat flights at the moment ,£277,pp outbound £137pp return extra £44 pp with 20kg this is

price for june 2015

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester Wednesday Flights for 2015

There were Manchester flights showing. Looked at holiday prices and flights only. Then a few days ago they all vanished. I wonder what would have happened if I'd booked?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
735 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester Wednesday Flights for 2015

Hiya, Had a look at the website this morning and it seems to be struggling with requests and quotes altogether! Going into town later on, so will ask at the TC shop there if Wednesdays are available.

Jackie

Lancashire
Level Contributor
735 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester Wednesday Flights for 2015

Sorry, but it looks like they have been pulled, possibly as the travel agent suggested until TC see how the Saturday flights are selling.

Come on Easyjet, where are you ?

Jackie

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
428 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester Wednesday Flights for 2015

My dad has spoken to TC today. They were booked on the Weds flight early May next year. They received an email today with the date changed to the Saturday. When he rang they told him that there isn't going to be a Wednesday flight!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchester Wednesday Flights for 2015

Some of the flights this year were cheap - but they did start selling them only in January! A lot who'd be interested in a Wednesday flight would have already booked.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,369 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manchester Wednesday Flights for 2015

Presumably so cheap there was insufficient profit to make it commercially viable. No surprise there then if they've pulled the plug. Or perhaps they were not selling the 10 & 11 day holiday options, which could cause problems with availability of accommodation

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manchester Wednesday Flights for 2015

I think they ended up very cheap for some dates because they hadn't sold. The 10 and 11 day options were not good value because they relied on using TC one way and Monarch the other (or vice versa).

There were a few we know who normally go from Manchester that were interested in the Wednesday flights for next year. We were only holding off booking because the first flight was 6th May, thus missing the early May bank holiday. Might have to go for one of the Saturday flights now then.

Another bonus with the Wednesday flights was new planes. Coming back I am sure the plane was practically brand new. Nice flights. Presumably Monarch's 757 will be used next year and be a year older!

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,369 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manchester Wednesday Flights for 2015

Well those nice new planes would not have been cheap. They have to make enough profit to start recouping capital outlay. From a business point of view it does not make sense to use your new planes on a route that does not make a decent return from day one.

Lesvos, unless it radically changes character (which we of course don't want!), is not going to be a cash cow for any package/charter outfit. If people want increasingly bargain holidays they will have to go where TOs can pile'em high & sell 'em cheap. The logistics of Lesvos don't allow for this.

It is a shame as we might have used a Wednesday flight at least in one direction for our next visit. But as more Aegean flights from UK airports come online the demand for charters from independent travellers seeking flight only will fall.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manchester Wednesday Flights for 2015

After looking into this, I can say with some authority that there are currently no plans for a Wednesday flight from Manchester to Lesvos next year. I don't know why it was pulled from the site but at least I know it isn't going to reappear soon. Of course Thomas Cook might change their minds again.

So for anyone hoping it will reappear, don't hold your breath.

Get answers to your questions about Lesbos
Recent Conversations