We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay? Where to book?

UK
Level Contributor
221 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay? Where to book?

Hi all. Just back from our annual Greek Holiday, so time to look for another one!

Had Lesbos recommended as somewhere we will like.

(So far, love Parga and Skiathos)

What I would like help with really is:

Which is the best area for us, given that we like a traditional place but with lots of choice when it comes to Tavernas?

Which accommodation in these areas is VERY near to the beach, but also to the tavernas? (We prefer Self Catering)

Which travel companies do the best deals?

I know there's a lot there but I would be very grateful for any help. Regards.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay? Where to book?

Thomas Cook main travel Thomson no longer do Lesvos. Petra or Anaxos both good places to stay. We like Plaza Palce but plenty to choose from. Petra is a traditional village by the sea. Transport easy regular bus to Molyvos , Petra and Anaxos.

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay? Where to book?

No competition! Has to be Blue Sky in Petra. Great accommodation, In the centre of village, with beach and all tavernas on the door step. Book through Thomas Cook (manos) or direct with Anthony at Blue Sky.

I rest my case!

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay? Where to book?

No competition! Has to be Blue Sky in Petra. Great accommodation, In the centre of village, with beach and all tavernas on the door step. Book through Thomas Cook (manos) or direct with Anthony at Blue Sky.

I rest my case!

Staffs
Level Contributor
214 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay? Where to book?

Look at Olympic too. I wanted to go back to our favourite apartments in Molyvos and at the time it was only Olympic that had them available.

Israel
Level Contributor
168 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay? Where to book?

We have stayed in Skala Kallonis this May in hotel Malemi. We enjoyed every minute of it. Skala Kallonis is situated in the middle of the island, giving you fast access to every part in the island.

Sigri, Greece
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay? Where to book?

You could also look at www.discoversigri.com if you want unspoilt village life.

7. Re: Where to stay? Where to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lesbos
Recent Conversations