We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extra special restaurant in Samos

Which Samos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
495 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Extra special restaurant in Samos

Any one know a special or unusual restaurant in Samos. We will be based in Kokkari (got a good deal there) my husband will be 50 during our stay and I'm looking for something really scenic or unusual. We would prefer traditional Greek food.

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extra special restaurant in Samos

Hi there

sorry for the delay in replying to you. I've been absolutely racking my brains trying to think of somewhere for you. We have found a different "wow" for us every year so it's hard to pin point a special one for you.

We discovered a small Dutch owned cafe/taverna last year in the small marina at the end of the beach in Kokkari. We went there most afternoons but I would imagine that in the evenings it would be spectacular. It looks right out of sea and is in a very quiet romantic bay. The food was fantastic during the day - absolutely fresh and seasonal and cooked exactly to your preferred taste.

I carried the card for it with me for a long time, and of course I can't find it now. If I do find it, I will send you a message to confirm.

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extra special restaurant in Samos

Hi, The restaurant suggested by Atlanticrover i would also recommend. When we went it was always busy at night and perhaps wise to book a table.

Essex
Level Contributor
495 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extra special restaurant in Samos

That sounds wonderful. If anyone comes up with the name can they put it on here please.

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extra special restaurant in Samos

It's Cafe Cavos!!!! Just pop along during the day and try a small salad and see what you think before going back in the evening and see whether you need to book

Essex
Level Contributor
495 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extra special restaurant in Samos

Thanks so much for taking the time and trouble to get back to me on this.

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Extra special restaurant in Samos

it's really no trouble at all. Hope you have a wonderful time and please let us all know how your special evening goes!

Manchester
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Extra special restaurant in Samos

Are you sure it's the Cavos. This is more of a cocktail bar in the evenings, serving some snacks.

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Extra special restaurant in Samos

yes definitely the Cavos - it's the one at the end of the Marina. It's open all day through to late evening and serves the most wonderful food

5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Extra special restaurant in Samos

The Cavos is very nice (Greek/German owned) but is more of a snack/cocktail bar and it is almost at the end of the harbour. The taverna at the very end of the harbour, nearest to the breakwater is called 'Basilico' and you may well have to book in advance if you want a particular time to eat.

Manchester
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Extra special restaurant in Samos

Everyone has their own favourite place in Kokkari. If you are there for a few days before the birthday try a few tavernas yourself and see which one you like best. As well as the restaurants along the harbour you may like to try some of these:- Meltemi on the Long Beach road, you can eat on the beach, Mythos - set in its own gardens, Nireas - overlooking the bay, The Beer on the main street and Marina on the road out to Lemonakia. You may also like to take a taxi to Vourloites and try one of the village tavernas there.

Get answers to your questions about Samos
Recent Conversations