We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pythagorion or Kokkori

Which Samos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Pythagorion or Kokkori

Hi. Going to bite the bullet and book Samos for 2013. Just need to decide where to stay. Any advice/comments greatly appreciated.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pythagorion or Kokkori

We went to Samos this year for the first time. Usually dedicated kefalonia visitors but fancied a change. We stayed in Pythagorion, nice studios. The walk into town took about 25mins, which we did every night, lovely harbour, tavernas, shops etc. Within walking distance is the long Potakaki beach, and quite a lot of historical sites. The second week we hired a car and toured all over the island, we went to Kokkari for the day. Had lunch, beautiful swim and a wander around the shops. We visited nearby Lemonaki and a few nearby beaches. We loved the place and wished we had based ourselves at Kokkari. Dont get me wrong Pythagorion is lovely but Kokkari feels better

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pythagorion or Kokkori

Kokkari is an extremely peaceful base with many hotels and apartments right on the beach. We find it a little too quiet in the evenings and prefer pythagorio for meals and a moonlit stroll around the harbour. Also we find that kokkari is more expensive for eating out.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
825 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pythagorion or Kokkori

I agree 100% with AtlanticRover as a visitor to Pythagorion for 30 years plus a 2 night stay in Kokkari last year during my 2 weeks stay in Pythagorion. Kokkari is very pleasant but can suffer with strong winds that make for uncomfortable swimming from the beach in the centre of the village. Meals were good but on average the prices were higher in Kokkari. The harbour in Pythagorion is the social focus for the town & all it`s events including boat trips, bars & restaurants etc. Most people love Samos as it is beautiful & usually think that the first place they stay is the best but all enjoy the island in their various ways. By the way I have visited other islands to form a comparison. 12barbluesman

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pythagorion or Kokkori

Thank you for your replies. Having trouble deciding whether to go with Samos which means we will have to fly from Gatwick (now Thomsons have taken off the Manchester flight) or visit Parga again. We have toyed with the idea of Finnikounda. Decisions, decisions.

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pythagorion or Kokkori

Hi. It's a bore having to go to Gatwick but Samos is worth it.

Oh and I would go with Pythagorion. The locals are so friendly and atmosphere in the evening is so laid back. :O) :O)

Edited: 09 January 2013, 20:15
brighton
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pythagorion or Kokkori

Hi - we went on our family holiday to Parga in 2011 - fell in love with the place its beautiful. Would like to go back sometime but still need to discover new places. Samos looks like our choice this year. For a family with 3 teenagers (not really clubbers and high nite life!) which resort is best Kokkari or Pythagorian and why.

Thanks! :o

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
825 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pythagorion or Kokkori

I agree with Cretaholic as I have been visiting Pythagorion for more than 30 years & have booked for September this year. Am I sad or is this a good recommendation? 12barbluesman

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pythagorion or Kokkori

Definitely NOT sad LOL!

Check out The Anthis Studios pargaluvva. They are about 25 mins walk from the harbour but it is such a great hotel that it is well worth it. :O) :O)

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g644219-d1091…

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pythagorion or Kokkori

Thanks everyone for your replies. We decided we couldn't cope with the hassle of travelling to Gatwick (plus it meant having extra days off work). We have booked Parga. Really looking forward to going back.

10. Re: Pythagorion or Kokkori

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Samos