We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tours to Ephesus from Samos

Maryland
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
tours to Ephesus from Samos

Hello TA friends-

I am interested in a day trip to Ephesus from Samos. It seems that there are many tours and options if I search the web. Can anyone share personal experience if any particular operators are better than others?

Thanks! VC

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tours to Ephesus from Samos

Suggest you ferry across (with Turkish visa) and arrange it from there if you have difficulty finding one. Kusadasi tours would be findable on Google. It is very pleasant to take your time and stay in Selcuk next to Ephesus - a very nice little town and great Ephesus museum too.

Read about it here....http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/samos-and-ephesus.cfm

Edited: 01 July 2013, 02:40
Staffordshire
Level Contributor
307 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tours to Ephesus from Samos

Hi.

Have a look at Meandertravel.com.

St.Ives
Level Contributor
241 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tours to Ephesus from Samos

We have just returned from Kokkari and took the Ephesus day tour from the travel agent there. It was an early start but a very nice day. There are some trees for shade at the site. We could have stayed to see the terraced houses but would have missed a nice lunch and entertaining carpet shop visit. Our guide was very good, keen to tell us Turkey was a modern secular state and that he aimed to treat us as.a family group as he had been well treated in foreign lands. His name was Net I really enjoyed the ferry crossings, 1 and.a half hours each way.

I do not generally like tours but it took all the arranging stress from us.

It's not really worth going in the market, traders hassle you a lot. Why doesn't anyone tell them we don't like this?

Maryland
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tours to Ephesus from Samos

We booked our travel to Kusadasi from a travel agent in Karlovassi. The tour was provided by Meander and they met us at the port in Turkey. Our tour guide was friendly and knowledgable. He told us about history, culture, current events, etc. he took us to see the temple of Artemis also. As we expected and were still disappointed the tour included a stop at a leather coat shop where we watched a fashion show and could purchase coats. This part of the tour was completely out of place with the morning tour of Ephesus. The bazaar shop keepers were friendly but pushy....again not a surprise. Does any know if there are tours that don't include "forced" stops for leather coats or rugs??

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tours to Ephesus from Samos

You have several travel agencies in Samos town.. I booked my tickets with Ellinas Tours. but you can also check with Rhenia Tours.

6. Re: tours to Ephesus from Samos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Samos
Recent Conversations