We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Thassos in Early May

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Thassos in Early May

Has anyone been to thassos in early May & what was the weather like?

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,917 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Thassos in Early May

We visited first 2 weeks of May 2007 - it was hot by our standards. Up to 33C in the daytime. But I am from the cold north of England so cannot judge how this would be for you. A nice cool spot in Thassos Town is the Archaelogical Museum!

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Thassos in Early May

We live on the island and early May is a changeable month. You can get lovely sunny days but there can be a chill in the air in the evenings. ~Suggest you bring lightweight jackets. Also the possibility of an odd thunderstorm (mostly confined to the evening and quite dramatic).

Early May is a lovely time to visit as everyone is looking forward to the season and the atmposhere is very good. There are so many places to visit. On the beach front give Pachis Beach a look as well as Pefkari, Aliki and Golden Beach. Inland villages of Maries, Thelogos and Kastro are worth a visit.

Where are you thinking of staying?

Romseyboy

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Thassos in Early May

Hi not sure yet.I can get a good deals on the Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort but a bit concerned about the weather that time of year.I'm not worried about the night being chilly but would ideally like to see some sun in the day!Thanks for your info.

Manchester
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Thassos in Early May

Hi my hubby and I are heading out to Skala Prinos 3rd May for two weeks, out very first visit to Thassos. I was wondering about the weather so read this report with interest. Although we have extensiverly traveled the Greek Islands this is our earliest visit ever. Will make sure we bring something to mcover up with evening times. Do you think a cardi for nights adviseable or more like a warmer jacket? Alsdo will it be cosi weather during the day? Any hints much appreciated.

Sidmouth Devon
Destination Expert
for Thasos
Level Contributor
790 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Thassos in Early May

Hi

I have been to Thassos many times in May and I have experienced every type of weather from heatwaves to torrential rain.

Having said that it's my favourite time of year with all the spring flowers out and the island looking greener than ever.

If I was you I would take the cardi and the warmer jacket which hopefully you will not need, the days can be beautifully warm but there is a chill in the air in the evenings and being so early the sea temperature is a little shall we say refreshing!!!! (still warmer than it ever get in the UK)

May is a very sociable month with a lot of Thassos die hards meeting up and having a really good time in the evenings I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Manchester
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Thassos in Early May

Thanks - sure we will - counting the days off now!

7. Re: Weather in Thassos in Early May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about Thasos
Recent Conversations