We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thassos Recommendations

Manchester
Level Contributor
329 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
Thassos Recommendations

I am looking to try a different Greek island this year. We really like Skiathos and Kefalonia and from looking around Thassos looks similar to these two places.

We are a couple in our early 30’s and are looking for a resort and good hotel that is quite quiet and relaxing but with nice tavernas and bars and ideally a good sandy beach within walking distance.

Can anyone recommend anywhere?

Thanks

Shropshire
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thassos Recommendations

Golden Beach, most definitely. Look at accomodations in that area. Best beach on Thassos. Plenty of tavernas and bars to choose from and nice 20 min stroll into Scala Potamia with more tavernas if you want. My partner and I are going back to Thassos end May, our 3rd visit. We stay at Smaragi II (Also Emerald) basic but clean, and the hospitality of the owners Costas and Katerina is second to none! The only downside to some people is the massive hill, but I have asthma and can manage it, and the views are to die for. But if that isn't for you, there are plenty of other places to stay. Enjoy!

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thassos Recommendations

Limenaria Thassos ,lots of taverna,s etc a nice easy going place, Potos is a 5min taxi ride away another pretty place lots of bars on the front can get busy tho the island is beautiful, were going back for our 9th year in June

Manchester
Level Contributor
329 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thassos Recommendations

Thanks for your suggestions, we have found what looks like a lovely hotel at Golden Beach so decided to try it. I am really looking forward to seeing what Thassos has to offer.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions.

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thassos Recommendations

Hi

What hotel have you picked?

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thassos Recommendations

blue veiw limenaria

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thassos Recommendations

hey thassos is one of the most beautiful island with green and blue sea

one more good plays is potos you can check it

and one nice website for info is www.discoverthassos.com

Shropshire
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Thassos Recommendations

Which hotel did you pick, Sam?

Manchester
Level Contributor
329 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thassos Recommendations

We have treated ourselves to a stay in the Alexandra Golden Boutique Hotel, it looks lovely so we hope it is. very excited now.

Thanks for all your help.

Shropshire
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Thassos Recommendations

Excellent. Have walked past it many times. Looks really really nice! :)

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thassos Recommendations

Hi

Just don't eat or drink in the restaurant as it is very very expensive