We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thassos excursions

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
306 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Thassos excursions

We are returning to Thassos for the last 2 weeks in June and are looking for some good excursions, we have done the Zeus boat trip before and will probably go on it again. Have looked at the 4x4 trip which sounds very good also, been to Phillipi before so not interested in there again, any other suggestions appreciated,

Many thanks,

Adrian.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thassos excursions

we took ferry from scala Prinos over to Kavala for the day . We walked around the old town very interesting and up to the fort at the top. views fantastic.

birmingham.uk
Level Contributor
493 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thassos excursions

Sounds good to me when we go in July. A nice boat trip over there and back which the kids will enjoy and a bit of shopping and sightseeing. Just need to remember to catch the last ferry back at the end of the day !

blackburn
Level Contributor
268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thassos excursions

how much is the ferry from thasos town to kavala? do ours as part of the package holiday so not sure how much, would like to see kavala

birmingham.uk
Level Contributor
493 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thassos excursions

2012 prices. One way I am assuming. Thassos to Keramoti. (35mins)

Adult: €3.00

Child (5 to 10 years old): €1.50

Car length 4,25m: €16.00

Car length above 4,25μ: €20.00

Motorcycle 250cc: €4.00

Motorcycle above 250cc: €5.00

4-wheel Motorcycle: €8.00

Truck length 5m: €21.00

Truck length above 5m: €5.00/m.

Buses: €4.00/m.

Caravan, boat tug: €4.00/m.

Bicycle: €2.80

Or you can do Skala Prinos to Kavala (75 mins). Dont know the price for this. I am guessing that from Keramoti you can jump on a bus to Kavala town

Malton, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thassos excursions

4.7euros from prinos to kavala,which is the way i would do it knowing thassos better than the mainland.

birmingham.uk
Level Contributor
493 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thassos excursions

Thought so Videoman ..... looked at Google Earth just after I posted it and realised how far it is from Keramoti to Kavala. Ps. Do you know where Thomson Holidays sail FROM/TO ??? Ta

Malton, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thassos excursions

Thomsons advertise 6 excursions on the web,2 by boat the barbie trip and the trip to phillipi in macedomia sailing from thassos to kavala,as adilee says he has done both these hes the best to ask if they are worth it.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
306 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thassos excursions

Forgot all about Kavala will definitely be going there

england
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thassos excursions

We have had a lovely day in Kavala before, it is a nice town with lovely places to eat and the castle is worth a visit.

Manchester
Level Contributor
98 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thassos excursions

How often do ferries run Prinos/Kavala and more importantly on the return trip. Do they stop around evening time? (July) Is it far from Kavala port into the city itself or are you in amongst it immediately? Thinking of getting ourselves to Prinos probably by car and then doing the day trip as a foot passenger. Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Thasos
Recent Conversations