We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giola lagoon

Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Giola lagoon

Hi all, I can't seem to find anything on trip advisor about the giola lagoon in thassos? Can someone please shed some light on how to get there and weather the journey is long? Thank you

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Giola lagoon

Can I take a taxi from Kavala to go to Giola Lagoon?

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Giola lagoon

Hi

No i don't think so.. a taxi may take you to major Thassos villages but not to the Giola itself as the road leading there is suitable only for 4x4s or motor bicycles. Besides for the last part of your trip to Giola you need to hike the cliff down on feet and leave your vehicle on the top of the cliff.

Hope that helps!

Edited: 04 June 2014, 09:26
Athens, Attiki...
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Giola lagoon

ithassos.com/giola-natural-pool-beaches/

check this bro how to go to Giola and photos

Essex
Level Contributor
222 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Giola lagoon

We went there in July this year. A steep walk both ways from the parking area at the top but don't let this put you off, it's a wonderful phenomenon. Just a couple of warnings, the sea water is a bit stagnant in the lagoon and whilst perfectly safe to jump in from the surrounding cliffs, it's a bit of an effort to get out as the rock face slopes inwards like a fishbowl so it's all upper body strength so beware although there are usually others around to pull you out if you're in trouble. Have fun.

15. Re: Giola lagoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Thasos