We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

word cup 2014 thassos

6 posts
Save Topic
word cup 2014 thassos

Going to thassos end june 2014, world cups on. we are staying in thassos town does anyone no where we could watch the football to keep my partner happy.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: word cup 2014 thassos

Hi there

I'm no authority at all on Thassos but Greeks in general are football mad and if the World Cup is on, then most bars will have a TV set on to watch the games. I've been in Greece for World Cups and Euros several times and the pubs and bars will be busy with football fans, locals and visitors alike.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,127 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: word cup 2014 thassos

yes agree with GB, not stayed in Thassos town but stayed Golden beach and the bar / resto we ate in at lunchtime had the F1 on, also in the village of Panagia they had wimbledon on at the time, so i'm sure you will see it ok

Malton, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: word cup 2014 thassos

We were staying at the Thetis studios at the time of the last world cup,walked up the road to the Aberdeen studios and enjoyed a pre match Barbie watched boring England and had plenty to drink afterwards with the lovely Carole and her wacky husband,The café bars near the new harbour are the best places in town to watch especially now Greece have qualified.

6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: word cup 2014 thassos

We were thinking of booking the thetis but maybe the aberdeen might be better choice for my partner. Thank you

Malton, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: word cup 2014 thassos

The Thetis is a good villa where we have stayed about 8 times over the years,we were there last May and it did now have a small television in reception where you could pull up a couple of chairs and watch the football but not the atmosphere of others like the Eden villa around the corner from the Thetis where the television is in the bar.Costas the owner there does not speak good English but you are welcome there to use the bar.As I said before we wathched the England match at the Aberdeen but I don't know if they showed every match.There is a stretch of bars/restaurants between the old harbour and the end of the town beach that put out A boards that show what match they are showing that day and what time if there is a clash. The owners of the Aberdeen made us very welcome that night but it just is that much further to walk into town.I am sure where ever you choose in Thassos town you will have a great holiday has it is a good base to explore the wonderful island.

6. Re: word cup 2014 thassos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Thasos
Recent Conversations