We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greek Dancing/Music

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Greek Dancing/Music

Hi. We are off to Thasos next week staying at Thetis in Thasos (a bit of a mouthful Ha Ha) Are there any tavernas that do traditional Greek dancing also any with live Greek music.

Lyn

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greek Dancing/Music

Just wondered if anyone has any answers please!! Going on Sunday

Lyn

Sidmouth Devon
Destination Expert
for Thasos
Level Contributor
788 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greek Dancing/Music

Hi

Musses Taverna often have music which is near to the Thetis

Simi in the Old Harbour sometimes has music

So does Zorbas

There are others but you will spot them as you walk around town.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
10,881 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greek Dancing/Music

Hi holidayaddict

I couldn't answer your question on the town but what generally happened in Golden Beach was a group of greek dancers had certain nights in different restaurants and the restaurants had boards outside showing the night it was on, i'm guessing the town would do something similar

This is one of the bigger restos in Golden Beach and there is a telephone number at the bottom, should you not find one in the Town, you could perhaps share a taxi with another interested pair at your hotel. 18€s ew for a taxi, this was last year board, so you would have to confirm it is on

img835.imageshack.us/img835/5290/cu6hg.jpg

Edited: 03 June 2014, 08:04
Sidmouth Devon
Destination Expert
for Thasos
Level Contributor
788 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Greek Dancing/Music

Hi

Alexandras up by the Old Harbour has music playing while you dine.

Take the road from the Old Harbour towards the Ancient Theatre its just up on your left, can't miss it (30 meters from the harbour)

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greek Dancing/Music

Thank you all for your replies I've made a note of everything. Only 5 sleeps (well only 4 as I won't sleep saturday night ) Getting very excited now.

Lyn

6. Re: Greek Dancing/Music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 05:16