We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maini Studios and Stoupa

england
3 posts
Save Topic
Maini Studios and Stoupa

Hello,

Has anybody stayed and the maini studios in Stoupa? Would you recommend them?

Any feedback about the village in general would be great as well! What can I expect?

thanks

Worcestershire
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maini Studios and Stoupa

We stayed in Maniatiko village in Stoupa last year don't know if it the same place you are requiring information about.

The accommodation we stayed in was fantastic, very rustic yet with all mod cons.

westyorkshire
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maini Studios and Stoupa

Hi there,

My husband and i have stayed in the maini and we can highly recommend them, very well equiped ha irdryer , kettle, mozzie screen ,tv aircon etc.Very clean and lovely gardens it is down a very quiet lane just 2 mins from beach. Stoupa is a nice picturesque resort quiet and laid back. We've been to stoupa several times and we are going again this y

ear .It has a nice selection of bars and tavernas,2 beaches,and nice walks around the area,i'm sure you will enjoy it ,when are you going. We are going in June. Hope this helps.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maini Studios and Stoupa

Hi

I don't know the Maini studios but I have stayed in Stoupa. It is a village built around the tourist industry. It is a pretty enough place with lots of restaurants & tavernas. There are a couple of supermarkets & a couple of fast food (souvlaki / giros pitta) snackbars. When I was there one one them was mainly frequented by Albanian workers who were building houses in the newish village of Neochori. Their snacks were good & it was the cheapest place in Stoupa for beers etc.

The main beach is fine but will get crowded during the peak season. There is another beach at Kaloghria, 5 mins walk out of the village just past the campsite.

There is a nice coastal walk to the neighbouring village of Ag. Nikolaos. There is also the "Thalassa" bus that runs frequently along the coast between the villages of Ag. Nikolaos & Kardhamili. It has a fixed fare of about 1.20e each way single.

Stoupa is situated in a very picturesque part of the Mani Peninsular with several ethnic villages close by. To see them you can take the school bus from outside the school at closing time, around 1pm.

For about 3 euros you can visit all the villages in the mountains. Well worth the trip.

From the village to the main road is about a 10 minute walk to the bus stops from where you can go to Kalamata for the day or as far as Itilo in the other direction.

If you are a walker then this area is excellent as there are many track to the mountain villages from either Stoupa or Kardhamili.

There are two excellently accurate & detailed hiking maps of the area. They are the Anavisi Topo 25 maps. Numbers 8.12 & 8.13. 5.5 euros each. The link is www.mountains.gr. They are sold in the local shops too.

I have a few photos posted of Stoupa in my profile if you care to take a look.

If you have any more questions just ask.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maini Studios and Stoupa

I would recommend Kalogria (5 mins walk from Stoupa with its own big supermarket and restaurants but a much nicer beach)The Fanari apartments have the best view you have ever seen in your life! We were at Kalogria beach apt; I kept looking up at Fanari and wishing I was staying there!

england
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Maini Studios and Stoupa

Thanks very much for all your hope. We're going last week in june, first week in august so really looking forward to it.

Merseyside, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Maini Studios and Stoupa

Hi there, we too are staying at Maini last week in May first in June, can't wait. Does anyone know whether you can 'Cut through' to Kalogria beach or do you have to walk down to stoupa beach and up and over the hill?

many thanks

Lianne

Yorks
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Maini Studios and Stoupa

Hi we are going to Stoupa in August for the first time, having previously holidaying in Parga. We are staying at the Maini studios. Any tips or information?

Regards Jude

Leicester
Level Contributor
419 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maini Studios and Stoupa

At odd points through out the village are taps that provide spring water. This is safe to drink and we used it for the whole of the time we were in Stoupa.

East Yorks
Level Contributor
70 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maini Studios and Stoupa

We have just returned from 2 weeks in Stoupa we stayed in the Maini Studios and loved it. They were clean and very well equipped in a super postion just down a quiet lane from the beach. They are set in lovely gardens. The patio doors have shutters nets and double glazing so the rooms were lovely and cool although there was aircon.

East Yorks
Level Contributor
70 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maini Studios and Stoupa

Yes just returned, good choice