We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to eat around kardamili

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
places to eat around kardamili

Please could anyone recommend reasonably priced, good places to eat in and around Kardamyli? Thanks

middx
Level Contributor
403 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to eat around kardamili

Hi, cannot remember any names of restaurants but when we were there 5 or 6 yrs ago we didn't have a bad meal anywhere, but if you go down to Stoupa you really should try the pork restaurant, you will see the pig and smell it roasting, it does get very busy and seemed to be mostly locals, you pay by the weight and it is served in greaseproof paper and you just tuck in, absolutely the best we have ever had, and reasonable.Wish i could have some now, delicious.

mari

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to eat around kardamili

Lela's is very good but comparatively expensive nowadays.

There are good fish restaurants at Kitries just up the coast in the direction of Kalamata.

Agios Mikolaos has some good tavernas especially one on the corner on the left as you come down to the harbour. I can't remember the name but it's owned by an Albanian family and the menu combines traditional dishes with some that are quite unusual.

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to eat around kardamili

'Nikolaos'

My fingers are all over the place today!

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places to eat around kardamili

Many thanks to all those who have taken time to post some advice - there are so many people who love the area that I am really looking forward to going in July.

SpartanZoe
Level Contributor
377 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places to eat around kardamili

Don't miss the taverna at the end of the beach to the right, I think it is Elias, very stylish dining under the trees. And Tikla, just open on the waterfront is a classy bar, with excellent food. The chef is a brother to the family at Kardamitsa Hotel and an excellent cook. I had a plate of tapas and a strawberry, parmesan, rocket and walnut salad with balsamic vinegar...brilliant! There is a new bar on the main road too, had no name yet when I was there but they do a very good pikalia (meat plate with selected cold cuts) for a bargain price.

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places to eat around kardamili

Thank you, we will definately try the Elias and Tikla. The salad sounds wonderful and has prompted me to start packing!

republic of scotland
Level Contributor
692 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: places to eat around kardamili

Elies is a fantastic place for lunch - right on the pebbly beach. Buy aqua shoes for 15 quid, will be worth it. Disappointed that they now only have frozen,not fresh, kalamaria, but still good. The pastitsio is the best I've ever tasted.

Tikla is a cool, modern hangout with sofas overlooking the harbour. Really nice, atmospheric, but pricey. 8 euros for a cocktail and 3 for a beer.

Our favourite place to eat is KIKI on the waterfront beside the Liakoto hotel, just down from the square. There is no menu, but the wonderful Anthe will tell you what her Mum has cooked. It is all great and the chips are nearly as good as My Mums ! Very cheap as well.

We also really like Skardamoulas Garden on the square for soutsoukakia and souvlaki.

Cafe Bonatsa on the main street for after dinner drinkies and breakfast.

Never had a bad meal in Kardamili, and the other bonus is that they will give you big jugs of lovely cool water that has just come down from the Taygetos Mountains free of charge ! And yes it is very drinkable and probably healthier than anything we get out of our taps over here !

republic of scotland
Level Contributor
692 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: places to eat around kardamili

Should have been clearer about the aqua shoes. They are nothing to do with the Elies restaurant, but the beach is pebbly and is difficult to walk on, unless you are a seasoned fire walker. We actually prefer this as you do not trail sand back into your room/bed etc.

Toronto
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: places to eat around kardamili

Try Lela's Taverna in Kardamyli. Good food, not to expensive, and an absolutely unbeatable view from the patio!

10. Re: places to eat around kardamili

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Peloponnese