We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kardimili - Liakoto studios

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Kardimili - Liakoto studios

Anyone know if we have to take our own pool towels with us please?

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kardimili - Liakoto studios

I would say yes, you do! It is extremely rare for pool/beach towels to be provided anywhere. Although I have seen some people take them to the pool at various places, I have also seen them taken away, as it is specifically stated that towels are for use in the room only & not to be removed.

I know Kardamyli area well so will try & check that it's the case there, but I very much doubt that those studios are any different to all the others!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kardimili - Liakoto studios

Thanks very much Yiassas. We've not been self catering in Greece for a long time so I've forgotten what is the norm

I don't seem to be getting any responses to my emails to the place so my questions to them remain unanswered.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kardimili - Liakoto studios

I've had a reply now and yes they do have pool towels (and even a hairdryer in the room!) so thanks very much anyway Yiassas but you don't need to check.

Cheers

Sue

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kardimili - Liakoto studios

Wow! You got lucky there, that is quite unusual!

Thanks for letting me know!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kardimili - Liakoto studios

I just found this & it shows beach towels as a 'guest facility'.

www.vacation.gr/showhotel.php…

It would be good if more places could provide the service, even with a small fee, towels take up too much room in your luggage!

republic of scotland
Level Contributor
609 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kardimili - Liakoto studios

The towels you will be provided with are nice blue fluffy ones with Liakoto on them in yellow. Very snazzy. They come as standard - as does really friendly staff, spotless rooms and the gentle sound of the sea lapping up against the rocks to help you with your afternoon snooze................ 7 weeks to go for us, can't wait to be back there. Plan for a wee glass of wine to be in your hand at about, oh, 8.16 pm, and be on your balcony for the sunset show !

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kardimili - Liakoto studios

Yes I agree with you yiassas. We tend to take Kikoy sarongs made of thick soft cotton so they're used as both a cover up and a towel. It's less room/weight in your case but it gets a bit smelly by the time you get home !!

And killiefaetheferry thanks for the info. We've not been to Kardamyli before. From what I've read it sounds great and we're really looking forward to next Sunday. We got a last minute deal and only have a studio so don't know whether we'll get a balcony for the wine!!

I see from one of the websites that the bar looks to be inside. Is the bar in the sister hotel good for sunset watching?

Oh and are there toiletries (shampoo and soap) in the room?

republic of scotland
Level Contributor
609 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kardimili - Liakoto studios

The 'bar' in Liakoto is more of a reception area, from where they serve pool drinks. You DO have a seafront balcony if you have a studio. The toiletries will be provided and they are Korres ! The seafront terrace at Anniska (about 50 yards away) is great for sunset watching. Gerry and Ilia have recently introduced a new wine list, of some really fantastic wines that they have personally selected after visiting some of the best vineyards in Greece. We were lucky enough to be there when they got back from that trip and we had to (arm twisted up back, you understand) help them out with our opinions on about 8 different bottles ! Didn't realise Greek wine was quite so good these days, but consider me educated :) They are also now apparently serving 'modern meze' as snack food. Can't wait to give that a go. If you REALLY want to get in Gerrys' good books, grab her a bar of Green and Blacks at the airport.................

Your studio will be basic, but reasonably spacious, and very clean. Smallish bathroom, great balcony/view, air con. If you go expecting simple pleasures in a quiet, traditional Greek village setting, with great food options, pebbly beach walkable (buy aqua shoes, 15 quid a pair, best investment you will make as I predict you wil return)

and with a great Taverna with alfresco dining behind, then you'll have a wonderful time. Oh, did I mention scenery, walking, history, great and fascinating day trips.......................think you are about to be smitten. Enjoy.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kardimili - Liakoto studios

You're even sadder than me being on the site so early or is it that the Republic of Scotia is a few hours in front?) !

I keep coming on t'internet to get me in the holiday mood now we're on the lead up to it.

Oo your post's just confirmed I think we've booked the right accommodation in the type of place we like. I'm very grateful.

4 work days and counting...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kardimili - Liakoto studios

...and I'll remember the Green and Blacks!

Get answers to your questions about Peloponnese