We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good places to stay in/near Neapolis

England
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
good places to stay in/near Neapolis

Thinking about heading to the only part of the Peloponnese I've never been to next year, around Neapolis. I've been to Gythion and to Monemvasia, but not down towards Cape Malea. Not a lot about the place on the web, does anyone have any info - also, is there a bus from Athens? Though will probably hire a car. thank you!

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good places to stay in/near Neapolis

There is no shortage of places to stay in the area and it only depends how close to Neapoli you want to be. Starting at Elia, itself only an hour north of Neapoli, there is Plitra with its lovely sandy beach and good tavernas, Archangelos, rooms on the beach near Elika and, of course, Elafonisos Island. If you can be more specific about what information you want, I'll try to help.

There are daily buses from Athens but a car is definitely necessary to get the most out of the area.

Dalton-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
547 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good places to stay in/near Neapolis

Certainly an area well worth exploring and off the "package brigade" circuit. As philhellene has said, lots of lovely places to stay.

3. Re: good places to stay in/near Neapolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2012, 10:27