We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peloponnese route and stop

california
Level Contributor
367 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Peloponnese route and stop

A week from Sunday I'm picking up a car at Athens airport around 1-1:30pm and driving to Olympia.

I'd like to get to Olympia before dark, but make a stop to break it up. If the sites are on longer hours by then I was thinking of Nemea or Ancient Corinth, but if not, any other suggestions?

Also routes, there seem to be two, one that stays up on 55/Rte 74 and one that goes down to Megalopoli and then turns more North to get up there.

Any info in the difference between these routes? I don't mind twisty, but I do mind cliffs. I won't have any passengers to help navigate (though I may have GPS) or to gawk at scenery that I might be too busy driving to fully enjoy.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,073 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peloponnese route and stop

Hi,

Ancient Corinth is your best bet. However, it may be closed by the time you get there. The drive to Olympia via Megalopolis takes you through the centre of the Peloponnese and is very scenic. The route is well signposted and while it may be twisty in places there are no cliffs, not that I can remember anyway.

2. Re: Peloponnese route and stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 13:17