We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to reach Ancient Messini

Pavia, Italy
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
How to reach Ancient Messini

Hello all, I'm planning to have a 2 weeks holiday in Peloponnese this August. I'll arrive at Kalamata Airport the 9th of August and I'd like to visit Ancient Messini as first thing, sleeping a night in Mavromati village and the go back to Kalamata the following day (Sunday 10th of August) to head south into the Mani.

Do you know how I can reach Mavromati and go back to Kalamata? Searching the web it seems difficult to find public transport (no bus at least during week end).

Thanks for you help.

Patras, Greece
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to reach Ancient Messini

Hello Lupiz,

you can catch a taxi from Kalamata airport to Ancient Messini

its 20km, and fare about 30 euros

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,293 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to reach Ancient Messini

There are buses from Kalamata bus station to Mavromati at 05.45 and 14.05, but no services on Sundays. Most(all?) buses passing the airport gates, 100 yards from Arrivals ( going left airport behind you) terminate at Kalamata bus station.

Lots of taxis at the airport, so Nikos's suggestion might be the most convenient.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to reach Ancient Messini

Make sure you have a meal or at least a coffee at the taverna that overlooks Ancient Messini, It's a wonderful traditional taverna with good view and a stunning view of the ancient site.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,682 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to reach Ancient Messini

Ancient Messini

http://tinyurl.com/yjelo9c

5. Re: How to reach Ancient Messini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:16