We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acrocorinth Questions

Indianapolis...
2 posts
Save Topic
Acrocorinth Questions

I may be in the Vrahati/Corinth area later this summer. I have family in the area, and stayed in an uncle's apartment in Vrahati near the shoreline 20 years ago. I remember seeing a mountain with a trail going up it that was almost directly south of his building. I didn't get the chance to go up it then, but may want to if I get to Greece this summer. My dad thinks that is Acrocorinth that I'm remembering.

Is it possible to hike up Acrocorinth, either on that trail or another way, and how long would it take?

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Acrocorinth Questions

I don't know about the trail, is there any reason you don't want to go by car? There's plenty of hiking to be done once you're there - its walls are almost 2 km in length.

Indianapolis...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Acrocorinth Questions

I was just looking for a challenge. I could probably find another hill to walk up and take a taxi up to the top of Acrocorinth and walk around that. I didn't know the top of it was that extensive.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Acrocorinth Questions

It's massive and very interesting - plus the view is amazing from the top.

Bring sturdy shoes (even if you go by taxi), the stone paths are quite slippery.

Beaumont, Texas USA
Destination Expert
for Beaumont
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Acrocorinth Questions

Here's a website with information on Acrocorinth:

www.ancientcorinth.net/acrocorinth.aspx

Look at the section titled Virtual Tour>TEMPLE OF APOLLO for a ground plan and map of the site...

I have not visited there in many years, but looking at this again, I may have to add it to my itinerary on a future trip to see it again!

Happy travels!

Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
94 posts
493 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Acrocorinth Questions

Spent a good half day exploring the acropolis site a couple of weeks ago. There is plenty of walking to do when you get up to the site and it is truly spectacular. It would be a further hours walk at least to get up there on foot and I would be inclined to take the car up there to save time. Also the temperature was near to 40 degrees when we visited but there are cooling winds once you reach the top.

As other replies have said take good walking shoes are the polished stones on fairly slippery.

6. Re: Acrocorinth Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2011, 05:15