We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ancient Corinth - taxi availability

Sheffield
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ancient Corinth - taxi availability

There are two of us in Athens and we wish to visit Ancient Corinth and the Canal and possibly the Aco corinth. I've worked out how to get to new Corinth by train but once we are there - what next ?

A) Where do we get a taxi from ?

B) If we leave the taxi at ancient corinth - will we find another ?

C) How much will the journeys both way cost approximately ?

D) Can we easily include a trip to the canal ?

Thanks

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,637 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ancient Corinth - taxi availability

Outside Corinth train station there are loads of taxis. There is also a board up with a selection of trips & prices.

Personally I thought some looked expensive, although I didn't study all the detail, wish I'd taken a photo of the board now, it was only last week I was there!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ancient Corinth - taxi availability

Thanks that's good to know. What about finding a taxi from ancient corinth if we abandon our first taxi - do you think that will be difficult ?

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,637 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ancient Corinth - taxi availability

Shouldn't be a problem at all. If by any chance there isn't any around when you want one just ask some shop or taverna owners, they'll all have a friend/brother/cousin or someone to call!

Just getting a taxi there & seeing the site in your own time (some of the trips on the board were very restricted times allowed) & for as long as suits you is best, maybe take a break for a drink or lunch, then leave when you are ready.

If you do go to the canal I would leave it until last, either ask the taxi to wait as you are unlikely to be there long, or let it leave you there & walk a short way down the road to the Isthmia bus station & catch a bus back into Athens.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ancient Corinth - taxi availability

Thanks for all your help ... To help others we did this trip today. We used the suburban railway using the timetable as set out in the other posts regarding corinth. We got a taxi from the Korinthos station via a stop at the canal for photographs to ancient Corinth for 25 euros. There were plenty of taxis. They offered some fixed packages for destinations but appeared open to negotiation.

We enjoyed our tour of the ruins and then got a taxi back. There were two or three around. We negotiated with him and for 15 euros- he took us to the Aco corinth and waited for us for 15 mins for us to take photos and then took us back to the station. On the way up the hill he picked up two other travellers for a one way journey for 5 euros.

We were happy with what we were able to organise. I am satisfied it was far cheaper than the organised tours and we were able to view thing at our own pace. If I was going back I might consider going to the Aco corinth first and then if time allowed walk down to the ancient ruIns - reckon that could be fun.

Thanks to Yiassas for putting our minds at rest about taxis. We had a fab time.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,637 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ancient Corinth - taxi availability

Brilliant!

Glad it all worked well for you & I hope you got some good photos :)

6. Re: Ancient Corinth - taxi availability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2015, 13:15