We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mycenae

N.J.
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mycenae

We will be traveling to the Greek Isles and I am anxious to see Mycenae. My wife, who is healthy but not in the best shape, is worried the climb will be too much for her. Any thoughts?

MAS

Ottawa
Level Contributor
960 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mycenae

I don't recall the climb at Mycenae being difficult; if your wife is healthy I don't think she should have a problem. Most of the site is unshaded though, so it can get quite hot once the sun is high in the sky.

Have a great trip!

Susan

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
889 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mycenae

It is not a very difficult climb and if you get there early you can park quite close to the site. Just before you enter the site there is a little area with some shade and there is also washrooms there, but that's it for shade so it gets very hot by mid day. We were there mid-October and it was still around 80 degrees. The ground is pretty even going and you can stop and rest and just enjoy the amazing country side. Try to bring a small flashlight with you as you can descend down to cistern but the passageway is unlite and quite dark and I think it's about 100 steps down.

Paralio Astros
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mycenae

Make sure you leave an hour to have a good look round the museum - one of the best in Greece. Everything is well-labelled, so you know just what you are looking at, and everything in the museum has been found at the site. Many items are as good as new, with colour and decoration, and they are 3500 years old!

Don't forget to stop off at the Treasury of Atreus on your way back down the drive (hang on to your ticket - it will get you into the main site, the museum and the Treasury of Atreus).

The main site is quite a climb, but worth it for the stunning views from the top.

al

4. Re: Mycenae

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 14:21
Get answers to your questions about Mycenae