We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens airport to Olympia Greece

Canada, Kentucky
2 posts
Save Topic
Athens airport to Olympia Greece

Hi,

I would like to know how to get to Olympia (Kathokolon port) Greece from Athens.

thanks

Carol s

Oswego, New York
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Athens airport to Olympia Greece

I would also be grateful for an answer to this. My husband and I are scheduled to land at 13.30 and would ideally like to get on a bus at the airport and head to Olympia. We do know we will need to transfer along the way. Since we need to reserve a hotel, we would really like to know if there are in fact late afternoon bus departures that could get us there.

Thanks.

Greece
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Athens airport to Olympia Greece

Step 1: Airport to Kifissos Bus Station. I'm pretty sure that it is the X93 bus from outside the main terminal (last did this trip in 2010). It takes about 1hr to get there. Cost was about 5 euro

Step 2: Inside the Bus Station, the ticket counter for Olympia is on your left. I took the bus to Pyrgos (20km from Olympia) and it took about 4.5 hours with a 15 minute stop at the halfway point. Return ticket used to be about 45 euro with a bus every couple of hours.

At this point I'm guessing you take another local bus from Pyrgos to Olympia.

http://www.ktelileias.gr is the site for the local bus station in Ilia (where Olympia is located). Click on Τοπικά for local services and then Πύργος - Ολύμπια for the buses to Olympia. (You might need to use Google translate!). Maybe the people from your hotel will be in Pyrgos on business and could collect you - no harm in asking.

To get to Katakolo from Pyrgos - depends how many there are - perhaps a taxi will be cheaper and easier (make sure that the meter is set to '1' if it's during the day) since the buses weren't that frequent as I recall.

Another option is to rent a car - Avis has a place in Katakolo right at the port (don't know if they do one-way trips however). You could drive from Athens.

It's a start!

Chris

3. Re: Athens airport to Olympia Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 04:16