We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair flights to Patra Araxos

Nicosia
1 post
Save Topic
Ryanair flights to Patra Araxos

Ryanair announced new flights from Paphos to Patra Araxos. Given the fact that this airport is far from the city of Patra (40 ΚΜ), is there any frequent bus service in July from the airport to the city centre or someone should use only taxis? If there is where can I find the bus timetable and costs?

London
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair flights to Patra Araxos

Very interesting to see Ryanair are operating a daily service from Stansted to Patras Araxos starting 27 March...

Brentwood, UK
Level Contributor
176 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair flights to Patra Araxos

Seemed interesting at first, Two return flights in June were £240... then I added the cost of the luggage..... A whopping extra £160 plus the admin fees and charges for using a credt card etc. So at the end of it all, nearly £450. We have paid a LOT less than that to fly BA to Athens.

The journey at the other end is about the same for us so we might as well use a proper airline. I guess if you don't need to travel at the other end it might make a bit of sense. Flights to Kalamata would be even more interesting.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,254 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair flights to Patra Araxos

It's a case of book early, just over a month ago they were 39 quid each way!

London
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair flights to Patra Araxos

Right! Maybe not such interesting fares then -- which means the demand is there... perhaps the completion of the Pylos golf courses will encourages the airlines further - maybe Squeezy will come to Kalamata as a pre-emptive move to discourage Ryanair.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair flights to Patra Araxos

Does the golf course really encourage flights to Kalamata or Patra? It and the hotels are very high end and I am not sure I would fly Ryanair if I was staying there. I'd much rather fly into ATH on a real airline and drive.

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,415 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair flights to Patra Araxos

The Athens to Kalamata flights start on the 4th April and continue until the end of October. Only take 45 minutes, so anybody landing at Athens Airport might find it convenient.

I think it's the third year of operation, so Aegean must be doing something right.

Usually about two and a half the cost of the bus and comfortable.

hampshire
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair flights to Patra Araxos

saw the flight to patras for a good price in may but where would be a good place to stay for a week not too far away from the airport? thanks

benidorm
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair flights to Patra Araxos

Seems a lot of snobbery on this thread against Ryanair. They are in fact a "proper" and "real" airline, with a very new fleet, and have opened up a lot of Europe that was previously denied to travellers on a modest budget. Long may they reign.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair flights to Patra Araxos

Hi. I spend every summer at araxos so i know the area - being a local. There are buses going to Patras city every (i think 1,5 hour). I guess there will be a bus or sth for the visitors to commute. If not, you can call a cab to take you to the Achaia village (labout 10 minutes drive) where buses to Patras leave every less than 30 minutes. Still, I you came to the area I would suggest to stay there. The beaches there are the cleanest you can find in the area. There are also very nice hotels there such as the Grecotel Lakopetra or Al de Mare Kalogria. trust me these hotels are full with tourist because the beaches are so good. You can also hire a car and explore other beaches that are even better but harder to find!

10. Re: Ryanair flights to Patra Araxos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2017, 20:00