We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Araxos airport to Korinthos or Sparti or Patras

Colchester, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Buses from Araxos airport to Korinthos or Sparti or Patras

Can anyone help with this ,

Ryanair is now flying to Patras Greece on two days a week. We need to get to Monemvassia so a bus to any of the places mentioned would be good.

Mentioned in this post
Patras
Patras
Achaea Region, Greece
bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses from Araxos airport to Korinthos or Sparti or Patras

Looking at the Araxos website; it's 40 kms from Patras and you can catch a bus by the airport gates, takes about 30 mins. From Patras there are frequent buses to Athens.

I would have thought the simplest way to Monemvasia would be on the direct intercity bus from the Athen's Kiffisos bus station to Monemvasia.

If you have a look at the www.livingingreece website you can find the bus timetable .

Haven't checked , but maybe an easyjet flight from London to Athens might be nearly as cheap, worth having a look?

Mentioned in this post
Patras
Patras
Achaea Region, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Monemvasia
Monemvasia
Monemvasia Municipality, Greece
London
London
England, UK
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
10,976 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses from Araxos airport to Korinthos or Sparti or Patras

There are buses from outside the airport to Patras, but no timetable showing at the moment as the airport is only open in the summer months.

From Patras there are buses to Athens that would stop at Corinth (not the Express ones),

achaiaktel.gr/…

I believe this bus would stop at Corinth bus station, but to go south on the Peloponnese you need the Isthmus bus station on the old highway, a taxi would be needed between the 2.

From there you can catch a bus to Monemvasia, an overnight stay would be needed though. There is a hotel (maybe 2?) right across the road from the Isthmus bus station.

This is a long journey all round, are the flights booked? It's nowhere near as convenient flying there when you want that area of the Peloponnese, Athens would be much more straightforward. Other routes may be possible, but it all depends on what day & time you land, not all buses run everyday at the same times.

Mentioned in this post
Patras
Patras
Achaea Region, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Monemvasia
Monemvasia
Monemvasia Municipality, Greece
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
10,976 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses from Araxos airport to Korinthos or Sparti or Patras

Posting at the same time, same thoughts though, Athens would be easier & quicker!

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
10,976 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses from Araxos airport to Korinthos or Sparti or Patras

Just reading your post properly Bridgnorhsnaps, I would advise looking at Aegean as well, look out for their offers (sign up for the email alerts), also BA can be reasonable at times too.

Whoever you fly with, the earlier you land in the day the better, more options available to you then.

Mentioned in this post
Aegean
Aegean
665 Reviews
Olympia, Greece
bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses from Araxos airport to Korinthos or Sparti or Patras

Hi Yiassas, You're correct , if you want an early bus both BA and Aegean have flights that arrive in Athens at around 2.00 am and Aegean have a flight landing at 4.00 am . The X93 bus connects airport arrivals to Kiffisos.

If you can be flexible BA and Aegean are often the same or cheaper than "low cost airlines" if you factor in charges for baggage and meals etc.

Mentioned in this post
Aegean
Aegean
665 Reviews
Olympia, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Colchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses from Araxos airport to Korinthos or Sparti or Patras

Thanks for your prompt response to this question, much appreciated. Unfortunately the Ryanair flight is already booked- from Stansted airport uk- cheaper and more convenient at that end. However we didn't do our homework from this end, presuming that the airport was more accessible and that buses would go straight to Korinthos where we can pick up the Monemvassia bus from Athens. Thanks again for your time.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
4,053 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses from Araxos airport to Korinthos or Sparti or Patras

I'm so pleased that I persuaded my daughter not to fly to Araxos!

Colchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Buses from Araxos airport to Korinthos or Sparti or Patras

You were quite right! El L.

It is a five hour drive!!

Bedford
Level Contributor
64 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buses from Araxos airport to Korinthos or Sparti or Patras

I have booked my flight to Araxos to stay on Zakinthos, only wish I could see the Araxos to Patra timetable. KTEL from from Patra to Zakinthos and back looks doable since Ryan air departure is 12.45 and the early ferry from Zakinthos is 6am (assuming there is a local bus from Tsilivi to get the ferry). The other option is a hire car but then the costs start shooting up. If only the Patras Zakinthos bus stopped at the airport en route then all problems would be sorted and a seriously cheap holdiday would be available.

Mentioned in this post
Zakinthos
Zakinthos
147 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Tsilivi
Tsilivi
Zakynthos, Greece
Patras
Patras
Achaea Region, Greece
10. Re: Buses from Araxos airport to Korinthos or Sparti or Patras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 04:16